Well, not my first one, but first one in this band.

GAH! what a shambles...
We couldn't get a mic stand until a minute until we went on.
First song = broke my string like 10 secs in which also ****ed up my tuning, couldn't be arsed changing it so I borrowed a guitar off the other band playing, that now meant the bassist and me where slightly out of tune.
FINALLY! the ****ing club had a sound limit so if we went too loud it cut out, so in our finalle 'Killing in the name' we were going a bit crazy and it cut out twice.
Still was a bit of a laugh...
Don't you do a sound check, change strings etc before you go on?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt

Strings were only a few days on, and we'd done a sound check(albeit a short one without a mic) and we sounded good. But it just all fell apart, we were badly prepared to be honest, plus the drummer from the other band was giving us ****, came up to us halfway through our set and told us to just get off and cut it short.
At least they can only get better from here. You already have the first horror story out of the way.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by King Baby Duck
Strings were only a few days on, and we'd done a sound check(albeit a short one without a mic) and we sounded good. But it just all fell apart, we were badly prepared to be honest, plus the drummer from the other band was giving us ****, came up to us halfway through our set and told us to just get off and cut it short.

Thats dumb, I wouldn't want to perform with musicians that don't respect other musicians. I would have walked off, after telling the crowd that the other band all have little pp's.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Gah, the first gig.
Their are some fun memories.

My guitar went out of tune from the rest of the band..
I think it had to do with the pedal I was using,
the club made me use their pedal, and it was really funky.
I was lead. Whoooo. that sucked.
My solo, to say the least, was crusty.

Thats ok though.
I looked good doing it. =]
Well, we ignored him and carried on our set(cut one song out though :/) we got on with the rest of the other band though, just not their tosser of a drummer.
Quote by tr3nt
Thats dumb, I wouldn't want to perform with musicians that don't respect other musicians. I would have walked off, after telling the crowd that the other band all have little pp's.

I highly doubt anyone on UG would have the incentive to do that.
The.
Owned.

Kidding, that sucks. I've never really had anything bad happen at a gig. I've been lucky. But I have my HSC music performances exam at the end of the year and I can see something going wrong like that.
Quote by convictionless
wow, sounds like a gay venue. come to canada were better

not much...
Quote by tr3nt

I don't know about you but I wouldn't go on stage with brand new strings. At least on my guitar, strings take a day or 2 to adjust to tension. Brand new strings lose tuning faster and snap easier than week old strings, at least for me.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Last edited by The Charm at Jul 4, 2008,
I remember My first gig, school talent show. it sucked arse. I extended my solo twice as long as it was suppose to go(I was playing with just a drummer, though) my solo sucked arse (damn line 6 spider 3 and epiphone les paul jr.) but I got more attention from people and people thougt it sounded fine, so It's cool, I guess

another gig I had, when I was doing pit orchestra for the drama club production, I had this one song where it was just the band playing and I'm suppose to solo over everything, my amp (not a line 6, Musicman 210-HD) was making weird noises cuz of the reverb, I didn't klnow what it was, so in between songs I turned it down, and I didn't realize where in the play we were, so right when I'm suppose to play, my amp was turned down, so noone heard me, so then I turned it up, but I came in late, but o well, it was a 2 night show, and the next night was better, and It was my birthday

those are the only 2 "nightmare gigs" I've had, I think

O WAIT:

In the spring concert for the school bands, the theme was rock n roll, so the jazz band did some songs, and my amp would always make these weird sounds during "frankenstein", and I was freaking out, cuz my big solo song was up next ("free Bird") but it was the cable and I ended up borrowing one from the AV depot. guy, but I didn't loop it around the strap like you're suppose to. Nothing happened, but when I saw the DVD, i realized how lucky I was nothing happened

so TS, it's OK, we all have night mare gigs, just live n learn
i remember my first gig. the lead guitarist decided to play day tripper as an onchor (sp?).
he didnt think to tell the rest of the band that though, and he didnt even know the chorus.

i ran off stage. soo embarresing