the guitar of my guitarrist(a cheap LP copy) has lots of feedback when played with an amp, the problem happened with 3 diferent amps, and we tried other guitar with the same amps and no feedback so now i am sure its the guitar

the guitar is a LP copy, prety much like an epiphone standard but with heavier wood, nicer sound, and overall better
the bad part of the guitar are electronics, the ones that came with the guitar are really cheap

what could cause the problems?
maybe jack?, pots?, caps? pups!??
help please, we have a gig in 2 weeks!!!
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by litus
the guitar of my guitarrist(a cheap LP copy) has lots of feedback when played with an amp, the problem happened with 3 diferent amps, and we tried other guitar with the same amps and no feedback so now i am sure its the guitar

the guitar is a LP copy, prety much like an epiphone standard but with heavier wood, nicer sound, and overall better
the bad part of the guitar are electronics, the ones that came with the guitar are really cheap

what could cause the problems?
maybe jack?, pots?, caps? pups!??
help please, we have a gig in 2 weeks!!!

I can't imagine electronics being the problem, it definitely sounds like a problem with the pickups. That's about all I know.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Your pickups are most likely the problem. Easy short term solution would be to get a noise suppressor such as a Boss NS -2 or an ISP Decimator. Long term I would look at switching out your pick ups for something of better quality.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
You're guitar may need to be re-grounded. You should take it to a shop.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
pickups?
any other ideas of tje problem
i dont really believe that the problem is the pickups
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Many of the cheap knock offs will use really hot pickups. Cheap hot wound pickups means feedback. My cheaper epi had some unbelievably hot pickups in it. Sounds alot better with some good pickups that are relativly low output. The knock off companies will do many things to cut costs. They may not waxpot humbuckers with metal housings result lots of feedback. And some will go as far as put a single coil in a humbucker housing. So pickups is a good place to start looking in a knock off LP.