I'm looking for a flying v, somewhat cheap, it doesn't have to have great pickups as i can always upgrade those right?
The main genres would be Melodic Death Metal, Classic Metal, and maybe some black metal.
here's some ideas i had
Dean-Dave-Mustaine-V-VMNTX-Signature-Electric-Guitar?sku=515169
B.C.-Rich-Metal-Master-Kerry-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=512677
Jackson-JS30KV-King-V-Electric-Guitar?sku=511563

i have relatively low experience with guitars, i am a drummer in a metal band, and this would be my first guitar. I've learned how to play so far from my brothers guitar.
Last edited by invis at Jul 4, 2008,
I have the JS30KV and it's OK. Buy a RR3, not a V but a Randy V, or must it be a V?
I hear the Dave Mustaine one is good. That's about all I know though.

It could be worth having a look at some of the Dimebag-designed Deans.

http://www.deanguitars.com/dimebag.php - The USA ones are out of your pricerange, but Dime-o-flage, DB and the other cheap guitars could do the job.
Quote by Mind Kill
I have the JS30KV and it's OK. Buy a RR3, not a V but a Randy V, or must it be a V?

i'm not quite getting at what your inquiring about the randy V, an rr3 is out of my price range atm, so unless its $400 MAYBE $450 used its not possible
a V is not a necessity but i like the metal look it gives
Quote by invis
i'm not quite getting at what your inquiring about the randy V, an rr3 is out of my price range atm, so unless its $400 MAYBE $450 used its not possible
a V is not a necessity but i like the metal look it gives

You could probably get a used RR3 for that price.
Search for RR3 on Google Image and you should see the shape differance between that and an ordinary V.
Quote by Mind Kill
You could probably get a used RR3 for that price.
Search for RR3 on Google Image and you should see the shape differance between that and an ordinary V.

i don't mind that shape, is it more/less difficult to play sitting?
Quote by invis

It's easier. But oh yea, the output is on the lower fin on the JS series, so have a shoulder strap as support while sitting down.
Last edited by Mind Kill at Jul 4, 2008,
Quote by invis

easy in classical, its tuff to play a Jackson Kelly sitting

TS try as manny guitars as you can before you start to wittle down your options. you might hate how many V's feel in your hands. who knows
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
Well, if you wanna play Black Metal, try a rich.. I really don't use BC Rich myself, but i've noticed that tons and tons of the really good Black Metal musicians. Mainly more underground ones, use BC rich.
Look into some used Ibanez V's

Really sexy.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
No way man, Jackson V's smoke any Ibanez V by a longshot. Well maybe not the lower end ones, but the high-end Jackson V's are hard to beat.
Er, Kramer used to make some damn good Vs back in the 80s... Maybe someone you see on this forum might be selling one... perhaps it is red and has an OFR...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
No way man, Jackson V's smoke any Ibanez V by a longshot. Well maybe not the lower end ones, but the high-end Jackson V's are hard to beat.

well since he's looking for a low end one...
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
the jackson js-30 v is made in india, and from what i understand is pretty crappy. but it might be ok as a 1st guitar. i would get on craigslist or e-bay, or hit the pawn shops. for a higher end guitar
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by dreamtheater91
well since he's looking for a low end one...

Yes I know, but he's going to have a heck of a time finding an Ibanez V. Jackson V's are much easier to get your hands on.
Don't get the BC Rich kerry king V. Overpriced because of the striping and the name slapped on it. Plus we all know Jeff is better than Kerry.
Why there is no Mid ranged RR without floyd rose? something like a hardtail rr3? just the cheap js30rr and the expensive rr5??? wtf??
Quote by blind.quardian
Why there is no Mid ranged RR without floyd rose? something like a hardtail rr3? just the cheap js30rr and the expensive rr5??? wtf??

you know whats more annoying? no mid range king v from jackson at all! its just the **** KVX10 then onto the £1500+ KV2
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by AsShadowsRemain
There's the new Demmelition King V which is a bit cheaper than the RR5 and has amazing specs.

does anyone know how well these play?