Like the title states. I'm a new guitarist and looking for a decent amp. I have
$400.00 us. The amps that I have my eye on is the vox ad50vt and the peavey valveking 112. I don't plan on playing out anywhere this is strictly for home use. If anybody has other suggestions would definitely like to hear them. I should also mention that I like classic rock, 80's metal and 80's new wave.
i love crate. i'd go for a combo crate or something. i was going to say mesa boogie and then i read the 400 price limit. quadruple that and you've got yourself a low-end mesa!
Johnny Demarco can play , but he can be so cheesy!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by zombyslayer4
roland cube 60
very versatile

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=t7J3caoAvXE

pause that vid at 0:45
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by forsaknazrael
All these amps are pretty big for strictly home use. Now, if you plan on maybe jamming a drummer sometime in the future, one of these ones would be awesome.

Otherwise, maybe that 5W Blackheart amp plus an OD would be nice.

thats definitely a possibility. I've been a drummer for the past 25 years and have a mapex pro-m maple set. Unfortunately the apartment I live in now doesn't have room to set it up. It is one of the reasons why I want to give the guitar another shot. I have the musicians itch