ok.......i don't have much cash now but in the future i want to get a guitar that will play very nice and get a nice jazz sound. i'm talking american dollars btw......

thanks for any suggestions!
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Epiphone Sheraton II Semi Hollowbody plays and sounds great
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
Quote by Dr LeBrun
Epiphone Sheraton II Semi Hollowbody plays and sounds great

Thanks, I'll check one out. Anyone else?
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Use your strat, thats what i do.

(i have a jazz box, but prefer the sound of the strat, give it a try)

If that fails Ibanez has a good line of cheap, but reliable jazz guitars.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
epiphone makes a reissue of the Gibson ES-175 that is sweet. its not as awesome as my 50s version, hha, but it was amazing. the epi version has humbuckers and mine has p90s, so the epi is actually more suited to jazz.
however i get a great jazz sound from my strat, in fact theres a jazz song in my profile where i used a strat, its called tune up.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I like the looks of the Godin 5th Avenue, or the kingpin. I don't know how much the kingpin runs but the 5th Avenue is something like $520.
for jazz you are often going to want to look into a hollow or semi-hollow body. i like ibanez artcores and some of the lower end gretsch's ive played. havent tried any of the hollow epi's, but ive heard they are pretty good. my room mate has a michael kelly semi-hollow (hybrid special) that plays and sounds wonderful. i just ordered their phoenix deuce, which is a full hollowbody but havent gotten it yet. those are most of the hollow/semi-hollows i can think of in that range.

or of course a good strat or les paul is always nice. warmer pickups (paf's for 'buckers and vintage winds for sc's) are more jazzy sounding in my opinion, hot pickups just doing really get the right sound. just something to keep in mind.

oh and ill move this to eg.
try with your Strat first. Roll down the tone and put it on the neck pick up. I have an Ibanez RGA121 which is a Strat with buckers, it can do jazz. Course it is mahogany with maple cap too.

I have seen great jazz done on a tele, and I do not think those are mahogany.
I would of suggested a Gretsch White Falcon, but their wayy expensive. Soo... go for something along the lines of a Epiphone Sheraton... or an Epiphone Dot ES-335!
Quote by LiBam
...depends ... I sound sh*t nd i'm James Hetfield!

- This is why we Love Ultimate Guitar
my teachers a big of a jazz nut, but for george benson type stuff he said he couldnt be happier with his ibanez artcore although hes doesnt really like most ibanezs. But said that one is something special.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus