You know the drill. Go Go GO!!!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Synyster-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=518485

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

I like both guitars a lot but I'm split between the two.

Anybody want to shed some light on the pros and cons of both? Which one is IYO "better" than the other. Make sure to be detailed. Also I know some people are split on how to think of the look of the synyster but I'm one of the few who really like the shape and finish to the bone (um electronics...)
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Ugh...please don't buy the syn custom....
The MH-1000 looks better, and they're suppposed to play amazingly - I've heard bad stuff about the syn model.

My verdict: get the LTD.

EDIT: and it's $50 cheaper!
That ESP looks awesome and has great specs
Schecter C-1 Elite
Gretsch 5120
Fender Ultra-Chorus Amp
Quote by DiMeTiMe
The MH-1000 looks better, and they're suppposed to play amazingly - I've heard bad stuff about the syn model.

Ok but take looks out of the equation. Lets just talk performance. But what did you exactly hear that was bad about it?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
the ESP, no contest.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Dude, I've owned an MH1000. Beats the hell outta that Signature series Schecter.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by DiMeTiMe

that smiley is fantastic....

but ya...buy the ltd...i love the way esp play and feel..and the syn sounds, well, not so good....unless you want a hellraiser....look at my sig
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jul 4, 2008,
That's all? lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
The MH's neck is unreal. It's like it was made for me. I haven't played the syn, but I would still probably vote strongly in favour of the ESP. Besides, the EMG's are sick too.
Quote by TurdFerguson
The MH's neck is unreal. It's like it was made for me. I haven't played the syn, but I would still probably vote strongly in favour of the ESP. Besides, the EMG's are sick too.

Funny because I've played and loved the Synyster Custom. Idk I just liked it a lot lol. But when i asked on suggestions for another guitar (seeing as my warlock is extremely low end...like deep end) and gave details about my playing style,taste, and favorite artists they all recommended the MH-1000.

Would like to give it a try but my local guitar store doesn't carry esp's unless their used and Guitar Center doesn't even distribute ESP's so I'm out of luck there.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
the strings on my esp are slightly further apart than the schecters which i love...much easier to play without mistakes....(i have big fingers)...its much more fun to play and just feels better built....but i think my soon to get jackson is gonna blow them all away
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
as much as i love and idolize Syn, his sig guitar is over priced for what u get, so id say the ESP
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
The ESP LTD.
The high end LTD's like that are amazing.
Alot better than the syn custom.
I played a syn custom...wasn't as good as my ESP =]
The gear.
Schecter S1 Diamond series.
ESP NV.
Randall G3 200W
Dunlop cry-baby wah (finally)
Line 6 spider III 15x (Small but deadly)
I've had my eye on that LTD for quite a while now.

But it's way too expensive anywhere I've seen it over here.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Also look at the M-1000 which is flat top and doesn't have that gay binding.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
Also look at the M-1000 which is flat top and doesn't have that gay binding.

the binding isn't GAY, just...questioning. It looks fine on my EC-1000, I'll tell you what.
Well just needed to ask this last question.

Is the the difference in terms of sound quality between the LTD and Schecter Syn HUGE or minor?

I just found out they are releasing the White Syn Custom as a limited edition and I'm dying for that.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Well just needed to ask this last question.

Is the the difference in terms of sound quality between the LTD and Schecter Syn HUGE or minor?

I just found out they are releasing the White Syn Custom as a limited edition and I'm dying for that.

SOLUTION:
When the white Syn custom comes out, buy it. Don't play it. Then wait for a couple months after its discontinued. Then sell it as mint, for profitz.

Then buy the LTD.
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']SOLUTION:
When the white Syn custom comes out, buy it. Don't play it. Then wait for a couple months after its discontinued. Then sell it as mint, for profitz.

Then buy the LTD.

*jaw drop*

I wouldn't sell it! Well maybe but not immediately!

A7x is my favorite band! I'm keeping that thing!

I just want to know if there is a huge sound quality difference between the two guitars.

I also have heard it sounds "heavy". Is it like Waking the Fallen heavy or STST heavy? If so just please let me know because I like that sound.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
[quote="'[P|E|R|S|O|N"]']SOLUTION:

Then buy the LTD.

Agreed. Sig guitars are overpriced and not worth the money you pay for them. Please get the LTD, you will thank yourself later on for it.
I normally don't say this, but...

I'd take the LTD
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
I normally don't say this, but...

I'd take the LTD

But the white syn custom....it's limited edition...and it's so pretty...and shiny...

Everyone here serious?

Btw anyone wanna answer the question in my previous post lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
The Syn custom is one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen. The LTD looks amazing. I want to get it. Go with the LTD. It's got better specs, and it looks amazing.
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
The Syn custom is one of the ugliest guitars I've ever seen. The LTD looks amazing. I want to get it. Go with the LTD. It's got better specs, and it looks amazing.

Everybody has different tastes in looks. I'm one of the few who love the way it looks.

I'm focused more on the sound.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Never buy a signature guitar unless it has a crucial feature that can't be found anywhere else (Kahler trem on the Jeff Hannemann sig). Sigs are always ridiculously overpriced compared to a regular guitar with the same or similar features. Most of the time, you're paying extra money for the name and maybe a paintjob.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
Quote by sk8boardbob2
Never buy a signature guitar unless it has a crucial feature that can't be found anywhere else (Kahler trem on the Jeff Hannemann sig). Sigs are always ridiculously overpriced compared to a regular guitar with the same or similar features. Most of the time, you're paying extra money for the name and maybe a paintjob.

So soundwise....
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Everybody has different tastes in looks. I'm one of the few who love the way it looks.

I'm focused more on the sound.

Well if you aren't so interested in our advice, then go out and play them for yourselves. Only way you will figure out what you really want.
Quote by RANDOMH3RO
Well if you aren't so interested in our advice, then go out and play them for yourselves. Only way you will figure out what you really want.

No I am it's just sound is usually the sole priority for me when looking into a guitar. I went to my local GC but they were sold out of the Syn Custom (tried out the Hellraiser C-1 FR which in terms of sound is similiar to the LTD MH-1000). Next shipment in two weeks lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
I'd pick the ESP, definitely.

The Invaders in the Syn have always sounded muddy to me, and undefined. And having someone else's name plastered across the neck is ugly and embarrassing, and even worse because it's him.
You can be a pathetic fanboy and buy an overpriced guitar that you'll disown in a few years, or you can be sensible and buy the LTD.

Or you could be doubly sensible and buy a good amp.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music