I need some suggestions for any companies that make cheap cabinets, like under the $400 range. The only requirements are that it is atleast 212, and has a closed back. I am planning on getting a used 5150 or Mesa DC-5 or DC-10 (if I can find one). With that being said it will have to be rated at atleast 120 watts. I also plan on using it with my VK so I don't have to replace the crappy VK speaker.

I usually play metal, but I will also use it for blues and other stuff, so cleans matter.

So can anyone give me any suggestions?
used Avatar? look on craigslist or ebay
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
^Or a blem Avatar, or just build one, not that hard if you are any good with tools.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Behringers are pretty cheap
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
They have a blem 2x12 for cheap, the only problem is that you might have to do some re- wiring for it to be 16 ohms for the valveking.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
for under 400 you can get a new avatar 2x12 cab with 2 v30 rating at 120 watt. just order straight up from the factory. thats what i did
Quote by classicrocker01
They have a blem 2x12 for cheap, the only problem is that you might have to do some re- wiring for it to be 16 ohms for the valveking.

Oops I forgot about ohms, since I haven't the first clue how to rewire a cab from 8 to 16 ohms, it looks like I'll have to take kckyle's suggestion and just buy one from avatar directly that is wired at 16 ohms.
dude, if you're looking for a good 5150, why would you want a crappy cab for it. you might as well buy a behringer stack, or a line 6 turd-nugget unit
Also since this will be my first expirence using an extention cab, what type of cable should I use to connect it with the VK, and the next amp I will get?
Quote by danny_plantain
dude, if you're looking for a good 5150, why would you want a crappy cab for it. you might as well buy a behringer stack, or a line 6 turd-nugget unit

i hope you weren't referring to avatar, they make quality cab for really good prices. the only reason why most people never heard of them is because no bands promote them, but hey if i ever get famous. i'll do it even if they don't pay me.
Quote by G-man05
Also since this will be my first expirence using an extention cab, what type of cable should I use to connect it with the VK, and the next amp I will get?

SPEAKER CABLES, not the same cables u get for your amp to guitar. what what do you mean the next amp. good lord i hope you haven't start considering what you want to get next already lol
Quote by kckyle
SPEAKER CABLES, not the same cables u get for your amp to guitar. what what do you mean the next amp. good lord i hope you haven't start considering what you want to get next already lol

lol I was making sure, because I had heard from someone you had to use instrument cables, to connect them, and then I had heard you had to use speaker cables, and I had never heard of a speaker cable, so I wasn't sure, and thats why I asked. Also in my first post I said I was going to purchase either a used Peavey 5150 or a used Mesa Boogie DC-5 or DC-10.
Quote by G-man05
lol I was making sure, because I had heard from someone you had to use instrument cables, to connect them, and then I had heard you had to use speaker cables, and I had never heard of a speaker cable, so I wasn't sure, and thats why I asked. Also in my first post I said I was going to purchase either a used Peavey 5150 or a used Mesa Boogie DC-5 or DC-10.

OOOH ic. i thought it was the peavey valveking head you were getting, not what you already have, alright that make sense now. i would totally get mesa over peavey, not that their not good, but the 5150 just plain suck on clean.
Quote by kckyle
OOOH ic. i thought it was the peavey valveking head you were getting, not what you already have, alright that make sense now. i would totally get mesa over peavey, not that their not good, but the 5150 just plain suck on clean.

Yeah that is the one I want more, but it is a matter of finding one that is the problem.
hm do you have a price range? i know couple private sellers i came across from past business, maybe they have something within the price range. oh and they are ebay confirmed so no worry for safety concern
I don't have the money for the head now, I won't have it for a long time either, but if I did have a price range it would be around $400-$700
used Avatar, Earcandy or Mesa. Avatar cabs will run (i believe) like 500 for a 2x12 new, Earcandy will ship you a fully loaded Buzzbomb with Green Machines (basically 125 watt versions of Eminence Wizards, which are 75 watt versions of Celestion G12H-30s) for 535 including shipping, if you go for a straight black cab and black grill. I got my Mesa cab (new for lik 700. I probably should have gone used, but it's a great cab. AND I have one of the amps you're thinking of getting, mainly play metal (from Sabbath to Death and Morbid Angel and seeing your avatar, Opeth is one of my favorite bands), but do enjoy blues, jazz and classical (my first loves in music). The DC-5 with a Recto 2x12 is a wicked combination.
oww ouch that is kinda of low for a high end valve head. i recon d you save up a bit more then that, within that price range only the 5150 is the possible option
Quote by RG_FANMAN
used Avatar, Earcandy or Mesa. Avatar cabs will run (i believe) like 500 for a 2x12 new, Earcandy will ship you a fully loaded Buzzbomb with Green Machines (basically 125 watt versions of Eminence Wizards, which are 75 watt versions of Celestion G12H-30s) for 535 including shipping, if you go for a straight black cab and black grill. I got my Mesa cab (new for lik 700. I probably should have gone used, but it's a great cab. AND I have one of the amps you're thinking of getting, mainly play metal (from Sabbath to Death and Morbid Angel and seeing your avatar, Opeth is one of my favorite bands), but do enjoy blues, jazz and classical (my first loves in music). The DC-5 with a Recto 2x12 is a wicked combination.

funny cause i got my avatar 2x12 with v30 120watt for 350+35 bucks shipping

and i ordered straight up from the factory.
Quote by kckyle
oww ouch that is kinda of low for a high end valve head. i recon d you save up a bit more then that, within that price range only the 5150 is the possible option

I've seen 2 DC-5's in that range aswell, but I doubt I will see many more than that. Unfortunatley my parent are making me quit my job once school starts, so then my only source of income will be christmas, and my birthday, which will only bring in $800 at most, and with that I was planing on buying a good head, and using the $250 I have now and the rest of the money I will make for the rest of the summer for the cabinet, which will be at most $400 total.
Quote by G-man05
I need some suggestions for any companies that make cheap cabinets, like under the $400 range. The only requirements are that it is atleast 212, and has a closed back. I am planning on getting a used 5150 or Mesa DC-5 or DC-10 (if I can find one). With that being said it will have to be rated at atleast 120 watts. I also plan on using it with my VK so I don't have to replace the crappy VK speaker.

I usually play metal, but I will also use it for blues and other stuff, so cleans matter.

So can anyone give me any suggestions?

I've got as DC-10 for sale ;]

EDIT: I've also got a Marshall 2x12 with two Celestion G12-T 100w speakers. It can either be a stereo cab at 100w each side, or a 200w mono cab. Closed back.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Quote by kckyle
funny cause i got my avatar 2x12 with v30 120watt for 350+35 bucks shipping

and i ordered straight up from the factory.

alright, I was off on the price. I said I wasn't sure on it.

EDIT: And I just relaized you had posted what you paid for it a few posts up from my initial post. My bad.

And TS, I got my DC-5 head for 720, shipped, from ebay, and that's HIGH for what I've seen them go for. Not even 3 weeks after I got mine, I saw one that had a buy it now for like 575 (plus shipping), in really good condition. There are a lot of DC-3s and DC-2s on ebay, but the 50 watt heads pop up occasionally. Also look on your local craigslist. They're there from time to time.
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Jul 5, 2008,