Ok i'm ****ing pissed for starters!
I've had these ****ing strings for like a week now(dean mark's)...and i popped the ****ing A string just like 10 secs ago and this is'nt the first time...i had to switch from GHS because i didnt like'em at all and they were SO undependable just like these little ****s...wtf i mean really...what kind of strings do you guys use, i hope something that wont break like 5 mins after i put the damn things on...
thanx
maybe its not the strings, but your bridge is ****ed. sometimes little shapr bits called burs form, and they need to be sanded out. i use d'addario if that helps
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
You probably suck at changing strings.

BUT... you should use D'Addarios. Best strings in existence.
ESP Custom Shop 40th Anniversary Eclipse
ESP Standard Eclipse-II
Ibanez AF85VLS
three possibilities:

it's you. you play too hard or with improper technique and the strings just can't take it

it's the climate... you're constantly moving your guitar between extreme cold and extreme heat, or you live in an area where the moisture in the air corrodes the strings and makes them more likely to break

it's your guitar. there's either a burr in your string saddle at the bridge, or there's a problem with the nut. or one of your frets is damaged and is nicking the strings.

and yeah.. i use ernie ball strings, which are made at the same factory and the same wire as d'addario.
Go with Ernie Ball regulars. I've never had one break, despite being an avid blues/ jazz player. Definitely worth the five bucks.
i use d'addario and DR strings, the DR coated strings seem to last forever. Currently im seeing how long they will last and its been a couple months already lol
i use d'addario .011-.049 and i've never snapped a string in my life.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I've been using the same set of Extra Slinkies for at least 5 months now, they haven't failed me yet. Where did the string break? If it broke at the bridge it's probably the bridge's fault.
Quote by dk2
I've been using the same set of Extra Slinkies for at least 5 months now, they haven't failed me yet. Where did the string break? If it broke at the bridge it's probably the bridge's fault.

Thats exactly where it broke...thats probally it.
I'll just get some Ernie Ball's and see what it does...
Quote by forsaknazrael
Your bridge has a burr in it, then. You need to look at the saddle and smooth out the path the string lies in. Some kind of rough cord (http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Sanding_Tools_and_Supplies/Mitchell_Abrasive_Cord.html) from StewMac.com would be perfect.
You may be able to use sandpaper, too.

Will do then
Quote by Time To Dance!
Ok i'm ****ing pissed for starters!
I've had these ****ing strings for like a week now(dean mark's)...and i popped the ****ing A string just like 10 secs ago and this is'nt the first time...i had to switch from GHS because i didnt like'em at all and they were SO undependable just like these little ****s...wtf i mean really...what kind of strings do you guys use, i hope something that wont break like 5 mins after i put the damn things on...
thanx

lol i had a good laugh while reading your rant, but yeah just try to get a setup done by your local shop and you should be fine