I sat down to write a "glam, hairmetal" kinda song, but it turned out sounding more like Country, so here it is:

I spent aaaages trying to time the drums in the verses, but no luck - could anybody recommend a rhythm that would sound good?

Enjoy!
Attachments:
Country.zip
Last edited by Fivebretz at Jul 5, 2008,
Alright, I detest glam metal. so keep that in mind.

1. Distortion guitars? Well i don't know anything about country but I don't think its supposed to have those. not a biggie though

2. Where is the chicken picken i expect in a country song

3. I don't have anything good to say about this song except that its different from what i usually hear on these forums which is great. kudos for that.

Don't take it personally i'm really not a fan of this type of music(country and glam) so i really shouldn't be the one to crit this even though you crited mine. I'm sure somebody who likes those styles will dig this but i'm not one of those people. btw thanks for the crit on my song.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Yeah I was thinking I'd made a mistake labelling it "country", as I expected most people to immediately think of "country and western", while I kinda mean more Modern Country, bands like Keith Urban etc.

It was the "dun dun DUN dun" melody of the verse that made me think country.

Thanks for returning the crit though
I like it, reminds me of Brad Paisley. Great upbeat song, I liked the lead guitar a lot, the rhythm was nice too. Overall was a great song and I didn't found anything wrong. Good job!

Ps. Mind critting mine?(NEw one in sig) Thanks.
awesome. just plain awesome. I've tried to write a country rock song many times but I always fail to keep it country sounding. but great song. kept me interested.

the only things I would change:
transition to the Break is pretty bad. just didn't sound good hardly at all. in fact, a lot of your transition weren't quite what they should be.
and the last little fill at the end was a bit awkward. I don't know how you would change it.

I really loved this

and good luck with the drummer problem too.

and I added some drum stuff for you although it's more in my style so it doesn't fit the song much
Attachments:
Country.zip
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Last edited by Its_Rock77 at Jul 5, 2008,
oh, I've got 5.2 I'll get you a GP4 file.

alright, the GP4 is up.

I don't get that file? It's missing rhythm and lead parts all over the place and all I can see are bars of high hats? What did you change?
Last edited by Fivebretz at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by Fivebretz
I don't get that file? It's missing rhythm and lead parts all over the place and all I can see are bars of high hats? What did you change?

ehhh, just forget about it. I have no idea why it's messed up. but all I did was fill in the empty measures for the drums. nothing that's really worth much. oh well.

Edit: wow, that is messed up. it deleted like everything for some reason. but I already deleted what I had done for you so sorry. it wouldn't match your style anyway. *shrug*

Thanks for taking the time anyway. Oddly, there was ONE drum riff there that wasn't me, at the very end, and I liked it, and I'm keeping it
I don't know why ONLY that one bar would be there though?
yeah, I'm not sure what happened. maybe it had to do with the switch from 5 to 4. hmmm...

and glad to have helped even a little.