i dont know what pedal they use but at the fast weird sounding bit they light use the whammy bar while tremolo picking, dont use it too much or it will sound bad
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
I think Bellamy has an effect built into his guitar that acts as a tremolo when he touches it, which is why it's so easy for him to get that tremolo sound while doing a lot of other things as well. He has a lot of crazy crazy effects custom made/built for him, so it's generally pretty hard to reproduce Muse sound exactly.
crazy talking animals
^^^yup

i try to get it at least close by using phaser and reverb
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
he doesn't use any effects in Knights, just a slight delay on the guitar. Matt only really uses a guitar with a whammy bar and a whole lot of tremolo picking in some parts.
Quote by aether3089
he doesn't use any effects in Knights, just a slight delay on the guitar. Matt only really uses a guitar with a whammy bar and a whole lot of tremolo picking in some parts.

+1. This man knows his stuff.

For the studio version, it's straight guitar and amp, maybe some fuzz from the Fuzz Factory, I don't know, but I get a pretty accurate sound with just my GNX's JCM2000 model. Matt uses his trem-equipped Manson for the vibrato effects.

For the live version, it's amps-up-to-11 gain for the intro - I use a Fuzzbox model to get the sounds to clash and decay right. There's also delay used in parts of the intro. Again, trem-equipped Manson and Diezel amp. Watch the HAARP version on YouTube and you'll see what I mean.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by Teej212
im pretty sure he uses vibrato effects not whammy bar

He uses a wah probe built into his guitar. He also uses the Manson with the floyd rose for KoC
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Pretty simple actually, he heavily trem picks the intro, uses the fuzz factory (and probably has his phase 90 set low just to give it a smidge of phase) and uses his whammy bar as he plays that one section after the trem picking, and then a little bit of delay for those few notes before he restarts the trem picking section to go into the chorus. Not that complicated.

Section 1 - Intro. Trem pick like hell

Section 2 - Solo after the trem picking. Turn on the fuzz and add a touch of phase and use your whammy bar each time you strum a note in the solo.

Section 3 . Turn on a delay for the little delayed chords part after the solo

Section 4. Trem picking again.

Section 5. Turn on delay again for a few more notes.

Go into the chorus, the rest is then normal playing. Probably turns on the fuzz and definitely goes high on the gain for the outro, for lives he also plays around with the whammy bar to make harmonics during the outro.
Quote by HeavyReverb
He uses a wah probe built into his guitar. He also uses the Manson with the floyd rose for KoC

He doesnt use the wah probe for KoC. The only effects in it is a bit of delay. And maybe the FF for distortion. The rest is trem picking and the whammy bar and a few harmonics (HAARP)
For the intro solo I'm assuming he uses a fuzz factory. Since the fuzz factory is an oscillating fuzz, it doesn't need a phaser. It can make weird sounds like that by itself.
He uses a floyd rose style bridge (edge pro) to get the warbling sound.

The clean parts are just clean guitar with some delay.

The rest is just the guitar and amp.

He doesn't use the Kaoss pad effects that much. People are just talking out of their ass with that.

If you doubt me, don't. I've seen them play live.

P.S.- Don't forget the Man with a Harmonica intro!
2 year old thread is 2 years old.

DudeItsAnya, when you search for a thread, check the date before you post, if you keep bring up old threads you can potentially get warned or banned.
Last edited by littlephil at May 1, 2010,