I think the guitar tech that put my new pickups which are SD Custom Custom for the bridge and SD Pearly gates, in my Epiphone explorer may have put the Custom Custom in my neck slot and the pearly gates in my bridge slot. Reason is, is because the row of skrews on the pick ups are backwards from where they normally are on most guitars. And also the sound isnt quite as what I expected it to be.

Pic of my guitar:

Pic of random other guitar off internet to show that they are opposite:

so can anybody tell me if they are opposite to what they should or tell me how I can figure out for sure?
I'm not sure how the could be with the logo upright...
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
1 - screws, not skrews.
2 - this is opposite from normal
3 - if both pickups are wound the same, it will hardly matter at all.
4 - if the pickup that was intended for the bridge (at the neck in your guitar) is wound hotter, this will cause the neck pickup to sound much louder than the bridge. you naturally get more output in the neck position because of the greater movement of the string at that location. having more windings on the bridge pickup makes them more equal.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by LP Addict
yeah, unscrew the 4 bolts on the mounting rings and make sure they are the correct pups.

Yeah do that. I highly doubt they are wrong but you never know. Better safe then sorry.

But to a poster above the pickups could just be in the wrong spot but the right way up.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
4 - if the pickup that was intended for the bridge (at the neck in your guitar) is wound hotter, this will cause the neck pickup to sound much louder than the bridge. you naturally get more output in the neck position because of the greater movement of the string at that location. having more windings on the bridge pickup makes them more equal.

SYK is right. If your neck pickup is significantly louder than your bridge pickup, they're probably in the wrong positions.

BTW
, what kind of wood is your guitar made of? If it's made of mahogany like most Explorers....Why did you get the Custom Custom? It probably sounds kinda mushy, with not a lot of bite...The Alnico 2 magnet isn't a good choice here - exchange it for an SH-14 Custom 5 when you take it back!
Yea I was going to say, but you beat me to it- that he put the bridge humbuck in the neck and the neck humbucker in the bridge, which explains the screws yet the upright label. What a retard... LOL
Quote by Mushroom123
Yea I was going to say, but you beat me to it- that he put the bridge humbuck in the neck and the neck humbucker in the bridge, which explains the screws yet the upright label. What a retard... LOL

Indeed he did - the Pearly Gates neck model has the screws on the top coil (no logo).
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com