Ok, i have a dxmg here that really doesnt play that well. I bought it secondhand for a good price. I've got 2 major problems with it though. I have gauge 11 strings on it that are giving it major fret buzz on the first five frets. (especially on the first 3 strings) Does this mean I have to allow more bowing of the neck? The neck is just about perfectly straight right now. If i go to adjust the truss rod the adjustment thing does not fit any allen key. Its just a circle. Does anybody else have this same problem?

The second problem is how impossible it is to do a pinch harmonic. I had a friend over today that said he couldnt do it with the same effort as on his starter Ibanez. I'm running the guitar through a boss mt-2 stompbox and into a practice guitar amp. Any suggestions? Could the 2 problems be related?
i have a dxmg, and at first i hated the neck on that guitar, i havent tried to adjust the neck my self but the neck on mine is bowed like it had heavier strings on it at one time. the 9`s i hve on it now are really high off the neck imo. it will do a pinch harmonic no problem. sorry i cant help you w/ your problem other than suggesting taking it to a luthier, and having it set up for you.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
this is my first guitar after i had been playing bass for 5-6 months. I was able to set up the floyd rose on my 2nd try after breaking about three strings on the first set. But I was able to do it myself. The last thing I wanna do here is send it in and end up spending money anyway. Hopefully I can get some other suggestions.
you might as well send it to a tech, and beginners should never be given floating trems
I had a floating trem and it worked out ok, dont listen to him he's a idiot
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
It doesn't sound like you have all that much experience, so don't go messing with the truss rod. Try adjusting the action and see if that gets rid of the buzz. If it doesn't or the action is too high, bite the bullet and take it to a tech. It should only cost you about $30 to get it setup properly.

As for the pinch harmonics, sounds like a case of a dead battery for the EMGs. Try replacing the 9 volt and see if that fixes the problem.
i hope you can fix it but i dont think it would cost you a whole lot if you have to take it to a music store. anyway the dxmg is a pretty good guitar once you get it how you want it. i use mine to go jam with other peeps at their location. i wont die if a beer gets spilled on it or if some dork knocks it over (not me...) after too many beers. it gets the job done.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
Quote by T!AN
It doesn't sound like you have all that much experience, so don't go messing with the truss rod. Try adjusting the action and see if that gets rid of the buzz. If it doesn't or the action is too high, bite the bullet and take it to a tech. It should only cost you about $30 to get it setup properly.

As for the pinch harmonics, sounds like a case of a dead battery for the EMGs. Try replacing the 9 volt and see if that fixes the problem.

I've done adjustments for the truss rod on my bass before, it shouldnt really be a problem. Maybe a half turn to loosen the neck and I'm good. The problem is how do I turn it?

As far as the action goes, i'll try raising it to see if the buzz goes away before it gets too high.