Has anyone else saw the trailer for this?

http://www.filmofilia.com/2008/07/04/the-day-the-earth-stood-still-trailer/

I think it looks good, at least. I don't think it's going to be "just another Keanu Reeves" movie, and could turn out to be really good.

Thoughts?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
looks pretty cool, I'll probably go see it if I have the time

"if the earth dies, you die, but if you die, the earth survives"

caught between a rock and a hard place on that one eh?
He was in The Lake House. No movie of his shall ever be good...

Nah. I kid, I kid. It could be a pretty good movie, though I'm not getting my hopes up.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
The original was an awesome movie. It had a good message for it's time (and it still applies), and it had plenty of undertones that added to it and were very appropriate.

But the remake looks STUPID judging from the previews. The original wasn't a friggin' disaster movie. I don't mind remakes but when your remake turns the original into something that looks exactly like a cliche movie, just with the old characters, you got problems man.

I mean I haven't seen it, so hopefully I'm completely wrong. But the previews are just a bunch of scenes from Armageddon, Deep Impact, and The Day After Tomorrow with the Day The Earth Stood Still robot photo shopped over them. I'm totally serious, go and look for yourself.

But for real, I hope I'm wrong on this. Anyone else a little turned off by the previews? Oh and I don't mind Reeves being in it, I think he'd do great as the alien.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
The original was an awesome movie. It had a good message for it's time (and it still applies), and it had plenty of undertones that added to it and were very appropriate.

But the remake looks STUPID judging from the previews. The original wasn't a friggin' disaster movie. I don't mind remakes but when your remake turns the original into something that looks exactly like a cliche movie, just with the old characters, you got problems man.

I mean I haven't seen it, so hopefully I'm completely wrong. But the previews are just a bunch of scenes from Armageddon, Deep Impact, and The Day After Tomorrow with the Day The Earth Stood Still robot photo shopped over them. I'm totally serious, go and look for yourself.

But for real, I hope I'm wrong on this. Anyone else a little turned off by the previews? Oh and I don't mind Reeves being in it, I think he'd do great as the alien.

one of the main reasons the first one was so powerful was because the man who came preaching the message that we are heading in a bad direction ended up getting shot and killed because of our ignorance. When people see something like that, it hits them on a deep level. The new one looks like it'll just have Keanu Reeves laying down a bunch of punishment on everyone, what with all the explosions and whatnot we've seen in the previews. That type of movie won't instill any emotional frustration on anyone, thus ruining the whole point of the story.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
one of the main reasons the first one was so powerful was because the man who came preaching the message that we are heading in a bad direction ended up getting shot and killed because of our ignorance. When people see something like that, it hits them on a deep level. The new one looks like it'll just have Keanu Reeves laying down a bunch of punishment on everyone, what with all the explosions and whatnot we've seen in the previews. That type of movie won't instill any emotional frustration on anyone, thus ruining the whole point of the story.

I'd say that'd be equally as appropriate, in a different way, as our time. Quite a shame. They may change it up in a good way though, like do something that does "instill that emotional frustration," but in a way we aren't expecting. I'd have a lot of respect for that. But I highly doubt it will happen.
We're only strays.