Well I been on the market looking for an amp.I play pink floyd,beatles,van halen,muse,modest mouse,jimmy page,Eric clapton,metallica,ac dc,Paul Gilbert,Buckethead,Jimi hedrix,Eagles,RHCP,Foo fighters,eric johnson,RATM,Jack black,ETc. Those are the ones to come to the top of my head. My price range is 1000. I need Two channels,British voiced, Efx loop would be nice but not needed,In head or combo,If i get head I will save for a nice cab,Only 5-15 watts at most.

I have looked into a Orange tiny terror seems nice ,but the cleans aren't very nice,and the gain couldn't reach metallica, sounds a lil to fizz for shredding.

Lionheart LT5 seems Really good for what I play,only thing is very hard to find in stores. I'm only making a assupamation from youtube.

BH handsomedevil pretty much out of the list do to the fact it can't reach metallica or paul giblert w/out sounding the fizzy.

Fender blues JR Doesn't stand a chance only cleans part.

Right I'm going forward to the laney lionheart Lt 5 unless I find something nicer.

Sorry if my english is bad.
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
marshall jcm800, but 5-15 watts you won't find anything. But do the channels need to be foot switchable?
Quote by Ghold125
marshall jcm800, but 5-15 watts you won't find anything. But do the channels need to be foot switchable?

oh ya forgot about that and the answer is yea
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
The lionheart is =s
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
I vote Lionheart LT5

And your English isn't very bad at all :]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
well yah the JCM800 would be a bit to much as you need a cab. I made a thread on this a while back and i havent finished it yet but one of the amps i put on there was a JCM900. those could be had for a good price and with enough to space for a a cab.
the Lionheart is nice, but I suggest checking out the Mesa DC-2 combo (sure it's 20 watts, but being 5 more than 15 isn't going to make a ton of difference volume wise...is it?). The Mesa's EL84 loaded, with effects loop, with two channels, so it's basically all you're looking for.
Oh ya would u recommend the express series?
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by RG_FANMAN
the Lionheart is nice, but I suggest checking out the Mesa DC-2 combo (sure it's 20 watts, but being 5 more than 15 isn't going to make a ton of difference volume wise...is it?). The Mesa's EL84 loaded, with effects loop, with two channels, so it's basically all you're looking for.

ooh ooh +1
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
^the DC-5 alright but it dosent really scream out RATM foo fighters to me.
another amp i had on the list was a mesa Rectoverb combo those can be had for 1000 and under easy and there damn awesome.
Ah I could scretch my limit much more tho to 2,000. But I would only do that if it's really like GOOD. another thing I play in my bedroom so I would like to be able atleast crank it. I could use a atteunter tho. But I would really not want to do that
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at Jul 5, 2008,
/\

I don't recommend the express series actually; I find them to break up WAAAY too fast and are trebly without a lot of low end. The F series is decent, but the DC series is loads better.

/\/\/\

I'm not fond of the rectifier series in general sadly. The rectoverbs are nice, but they can't really cover a ton of styles. And Tom Morello is one of my favorite guitarists, so obviously i play RATM and Audioslave songs, and it's actually really damn easy to get a sound like his. If only I had a strat, it would sound soo much better, but with my schecter i get damn close.

And it can definitely get a Foo Fighters sound, it's not THAT hard to get out of a high gain Mesa.
W/e then just recommend something lower then 50 watts? I will use a attuenter. But you sure that the mesa can do RHCP?
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at Jul 5, 2008,
You don't need to, you know...You can just keep the volume down...Attenuators aren't as amazing as people make them out to be - not in the way most people plan on using them.

And even then, I say, toss out those tones, because you've named a LARGE array of different tones that all sound different. To get convincing tones for all those, you'd have to get...Hmm...

Actually, I'd recommend you check out a Line 6 Vetta combo. Get it used, and I believe they fall within your budget.
That thing looks and sounds great!!!!!
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by forsaknazrael
Actually, I'd recommend you check out a Line 6 Vetta combo. Get it used, and I believe they fall within your budget.

+1, Vetta is a good choice here.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Definitely, with a vetta you can play it as loud as you want, and it actually models amps quite well.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Well hasnt the Randall MTS series just about made the digital modeling amps obsolete.
i say check it out, you could get a MTS head, and buy the egnator modules, ive never played them and ive never played the vetta either just another suggestion.
But the Randall MTS sounds like the biggest breaktrough since the MV knob.

If you have that kind of money look into every possibility, the Vetta and Randall MTS seems to be what your ganna be looking at if you want ultimate flexibility.
High Quality digital, versus tube flexibility
Last edited by blabermouth5 at Jul 5, 2008,
the lionheart is nice, just it might not be the best value in the USA. there are probably better-value, US-made options available.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?