ok my band plays in drop c but ive wanted a 5 string(also a 7 string guitar but thats beside the point) lately. would the 5th string have any benfits for me or would it b a waste?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well if you know the notes on the fret board then having the 5 string will allow you to not have to tune down.
YEAH
If you want it, I say go for it. Maybe you don't need a 5-string, but I don't see how it could really hurt.
My one band's bassist uses a 5 string and we play in drop c. It won't hurt you.
fght ff yr dmns. wrt sngs n yr slp. fight yr dmns your DEMONS. w lv y. w mss y. i lv y s mch tht t hrts m hd.
yea, id tune it down 2 whole steps too. but like, other than break downs i cant see it having much of a purpose for me (other than playing korn stuff)
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
if you can use it, yes.

and I think you can.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I usually use a 4 string but recently I picked up a 5 string Ibanez SRX505. It's pretty cool for the music I play. It gives me more "options" when playing. Instead of jumping up on the fretboard I can go down.....deep. The guys I play with were surprised the 1st time I used it.
I still use my 4 string Geddy most of the time but the 5'er is nice to have.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE