I recently bought a used fender blues deluxe for $300, and I am loving it. The only problem is that the drive channel isn't the greatest when it comes to covering classic rock. I am looking into buying an overdrive pedal that can cover a lot of stuff, like Led Zeppelin and AC/DC. I want to keep the price below $100. Could anyone think of some good options? Thanks.
1989 Fender MIA Strat Ultra
2006 Fender Standard Strat
1985 MIJ Fender Telecaster
Martin SPD-16R

Fender Blues Deluxe

Fulltone OCD :
EH Memory Man
Xotic RC Booster
Boss RC-20XL(looper)
boss ds-2 i think it is 80-90 bucks but it has the ds-1 built into it

EDIT: if you go to musicianfriend.com it has 3 sound clips but you can alter what they have put up there aswell
Last edited by lbc_sublime at Jul 5, 2008,
i love my boss sd-1, and theres a boss pedal thats basically the sd1 and ds1 built together(i think it mite be what lbc sublimes talking about), but try seeing if you can find an ibanez tube screamer for under 100.
^i think so aswell cause there is deffinetly 2 distortions and i think some turbo distortion thing so 3 maybe i looked at it today in the store cause i was only going to get the ds-1 one but then changed my mind an am gonna get the DS-2
not quite correct. The DS-2 and the DS-1 circuits are very different. Tonally, I cannot tell them apart, they both sound awful, unless its a modded DS-1, which can be okay. Plus, TS wants OD, not distortion

Anyway, TS, perhaps look for used TS808's/TS-9's. You'll have to look used if you want under a $100. There are also HUNDREDS of brilliant copies of the Tubescreamer circuits. You could also look at the Boss BD-2 (though it's much nicer modded), which could fit your price range
Gearz-

Grestch White Falcon

Red Witch Fuzz God II
Custom Audio Electronics Boost
EH Micro Synth
MXR Flanger
Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser
MXR Carbon Copy Delay

Matamp King Street Classic head
Matamp 4x12 Angled Cab
Boss OD-3!!

It's good for the sounds of those bands, and works really well with my AC30. I keep it at half drive and half volume, but you can do more or less as needed.
_______
|||||||||||||||
Again, can't stress it enough. Email the.spine.surfs on this forum, and have him build you one.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
Again, can't stress it enough. Email the.spine.surfs on this forum, and have him build you one.

+1
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by rwalby9

Word to that. He'd probably ship one to your door for $100.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Word to that. He'd probably ship one to your door for $100.

He also includes his love inside the package as an added bonus
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Quote by mike.h
He also includes his love inside the package as an added bonus

Eww.

J/k I know what you meant.

+1 on the TS808 or TS9
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Quote by lbc_sublime
boss ds-2 i think it is 80-90 bucks but it has the ds-1 built into it

EDIT: if you go to musicianfriend.com it has 3 sound clips but you can alter what they have put up there aswell

thats not overdrive, although i do use mode 2 with volume and tone at full and distortion at minimum behind my amp's overdrive as a kinda psuedo treble-boost, which sounds suprisingly smooth from such a harsh, buzzy crap-box (i say that, but i actually like the crapness of the sound!). It actually kinda sounds like brian may's tone like this...

Quote by guns_rosesldb
i love my boss sd-1, and theres a boss pedal thats basically the sd1 and ds1 built together(i think it mite be what lbc sublimes talking about), but try seeing if you can find an ibanez tube screamer for under 100.

The OS-2, it has a blend between the overdrive and distortion, and +1 to the tubescreamer suggestion.

Quote by FunctionF2
not quite correct. The DS-2 and the DS-1 circuits are very different. Tonally, I cannot tell them apart, they both sound awful, unless its a modded DS-1.

The DS-2 in mode 1 is voiced similarly to the DS-1 but its got more gain and sounds a lot thicker and a little less buzzy. Mode 2 is very different, it has a boost in the higher midrange, which actually sounds pretty good. If you can't tell the difference, you must've used a crap amp or watched youtube demos.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
It might run you a LITTLE bit more, but I'd get a used Fulltone OCD. I have an OCD and it's among the best overdrive pedals I have ever played. It sounds very amplike and is perfect for that AC/DC and Led Zeppelin overdrive.

Otherwise I'd get a Maxon OD9
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by rwalby9

He is building me a little something as we speak...
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.