I want to learn to play Rock/Hard rock in general and acoustic stuff but I dont know where to go or to start.

I can.

Play chords fluently
Read tabs
and i know the a minor pentatonic scale

yea thats like barly anything.. but I cant stand reading tutorials on the internet not knowing what im doing.

What do I need to learn? also.. what are some good ways to practice?

I really tried to learn scales but got confused after memorizing the a minor pentatonic..

I kind of posted a thread like this earlier but less clear.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
try learning songs,
do you use acoustic or electric?

learn songs from your favourite bands
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Both. Thanks for the advice. I learned the main riffs to falls apart tongiht, and I play acoustic for church..

if anyone wants to listen.. its falls apart by thousand foot krutch ( youtube it ) and tell me what you think

http://boomp3.com/listen/byrl49spy_m/fallsapart
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Peavey Triumph 112 120W all tube
Takamine EG333C
Quote by MxPxPanic
I want to learn to play Rock/Hard rock in general and acoustic stuff but I dont know where to go or to start.

I can.

Play chords fluently
Read tabs
and i know the a minor pentatonic scale

yea thats like barly anything.. but I cant stand reading tutorials on the internet not knowing what im doing.

What do I need to learn? also.. what are some good ways to practice?

I really tried to learn scales but got confused after memorizing the a minor pentatonic..

I kind of posted a thread like this earlier but less clear.

You don't need a video at all, you just need start learning some songs and studying the techniques and melodic ideas they use. Watching a video is no guarantee that you'll know what you're doing, you still need to learn things for yourself.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
i think learning the CAGED system will help you alot in regards to scales and understanding the guitar in general......one of the first things i learned with CAGED is pretty much an easy ass way to play the pentatonic scale in any key. so yeah since you said the scale **** is confusing...this may be the way?

i used the bill edwards book fretboard logic....he really just jumps into it right away and easily explains it....before i read that i was like you and i didnt really get it either. now it makes a bit more sense
Last edited by sifon at Jul 5, 2008,