Title says it all.

I wanted to try one out desperately but nobody carries ESP! Danggit!

Some people have said that the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR is very similiar if not the same to this ESP and told me that I should try that out and I would get more or less a good idea of the MH-1000.

Any truth to this?
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Title says it all.

Some people have said that the Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR is very similiar if not the same to this ESP and told me that I should try that out and I would get more or less a good idea of the MH-1000.

Any truth to this?

Not one person? lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
its not a chatroom. its a forum so replies would take time. what;s your location?
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by leviticus_22953
its not a chatroom. its a forum so replies would take time. what;s your location?

I know but it's late and I'm tired lol.

New Jersey
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
well, since im not familiar with foreign locations, use the dealer search on ESPs website.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Sam Ash stocks ESPs and LTDs. There's one store in Springfield and then several in New York, NY. I don't know how close any of those are to you, because I don't know crap about New Jersey.
The necks are rather different.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
use teh internets?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
i pickuped up an mh-1000 at a local store and it was very similar to my hellraiser...actually schecter and esp are sister companies...somewhat....
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Well the necks of the Hellraiser and MH-1000 are totally different, and to me, that is a very big factor. If you like thinner necks I'd say go for the MH. The Hellraiser's neck is more of a Gibson style.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

^^^yes the neck is the only real thing thats different....the mh-1000 has a wide/thin back neck..and the hellraiser has a thinner ffret board with a more round neck...i prefer the ltd neck
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Last edited by twinturboaudi at Jul 5, 2008,
If you live in New Jersey go to NYC!!!! they have many of esp's there, 48th street.
I heard some guy at a music store talking about how Schecters and LTDs are made in the same factory and they are the same guitars except the headstock.
Quote by ThatGuy177
I heard some guy at a music store talking about how Schecters and LTDs are made in the same factory and they are the same guitars except the headstock.

no...they arent......i asked that question directly to esp tech support...and they told me they are only related to each other by their investors...and are in deed made in different factories
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Quote by Ghold125
If you live in New Jersey go to NYC!!!! they have many of esp's there, 48th street.

Name of the store?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Name of the store?

well theres alot and the whole street has music shops.
samash and rudy's are the well known ones with others around.
Just thought I'd update.

Went to GC yesterday and tried the c-1 fr hellraiser out through a vk 212. I was impressed needless to say lol.

I don't remember how it was when I tried out the syn custom but I remember I was also impressed with that plus between me and everybody else I dig the finish. But Ill still need to try that out again to compare.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
you should try the guitars through your amp, that way you know what your getting.
Quote by Ghold125
you should try the guitars through your amp, that way you know what your getting.

I'm giving my setup an upgrade via vk 112 and either syn custom or ltd mh-1000 sometime in the future.

Tried out the hellraiser because from what I've heard it's the same thing as the ltd in terms of sound.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Title says it all.

Any truth to this?
I wouldnt. Two, guitars, made by different companys.

And The ESP has a thin U neck, while the Schecters is fat
Quote by FRDesign
I wouldnt. Two, guitars, made by different companys.

And The ESP has a thin U neck, while the Schecters is fat

I'm aware of the neck difference. Which is one reason I like the LTD. I have big hands but for some reason i like smaller but longer necks... ESP and Schecter are sister companies though.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
ESP and Schecter are sister companies though.

Quote by Wikipedia
In 1987, the Texan investors sold the company to Hisatake Shibuya, a Japanese entrepreneur who also owned the Musicians Institute in Hollywood and ESP Guitars (Schecter Guitar Research and ESP Guitars have remained to this day separate entities).[1] Under the ownership of Hisatake Shibuya, the Schecter company was moved back to California and slowly began to rebuild its reputation. Hisatake Shibuya returned the company to its custom shop roots and devoted all its efforts to manufacturing high-end, expensive custom instruments.

No they arent, they are just owned by the same investor group or w/e.
Last edited by FRDesign at Jul 6, 2008,
Quote by FRDesign
No they arent.

EDIT:ahhh i sea.

Regardless people have told me the only real difference between the Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser and the LTD MH-1000 was the neck.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
well, i guess the only real way to find this crap out is to trot your happy ass to Sam Ash and try them out.theres one in springfield on route 22, conveniently located across the street from guitarcenter
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.