im in an up and coming band, we're still trying to find our sound and right now we play alot of different types of songs. Metallica, Rush, Zeppelin, Floyd, Beatles, Grateful Dead, etc... Basically, i need something that can get a lot of variety... good bluesy overdrive, metal distortion, good effects, beautiful cleans... I've been looking at the ME-50 for a few weeks now, can i get alot of different quality sounds from this and is it worth it?
I'm able to get a lot of good sounds of it. I can get amazing blues tones, some good metal (not the "br00talz", but decent metal tones- not using the MT-2 setting or the variation, they kind of suck) tones, and cleans? Hell, it made my MG have Fender-like cleans! That's saying something! I believe it is well worth it, but that's just me. The best thing for you to do is try it out and see if you like it. It takes a little time to get the best settings, but it will with whatever you're using. The interface is extremely easy, and you might need to read the manual once, but you probably won't need to read it more than that because everything is mostly self-explanatory. Just send me a PM if you want some more detailed explanations.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
I believe the Zoom pedals are the best multi fx for metal (and I personally think all around). There are four or 5 amp models that are all good for metal. I know a guy who owns like 2 deans and 3-4 jacksons/ibanez's, and plays all metal, and he uses the G7.1ut. Guitar Center doesn't carry it, but Sam Ash does. Seriously try it out. The Extreme Distortion model kicks ass! The G9.2tt is better, but more than a Me-50 would cost.
Quote by KingJustinian25
I believe the Zoom pedals are the best multi fx for metal (and I personally think all around). There are four or 5 amp models that are all good for metal. I know a guy who owns like 2 deans and 3-4 jacksons/ibanez's, and plays all metal, and he uses the G7.1ut. Guitar Center doesn't carry it, but Sam Ash does. Seriously try it out. The Extreme Distortion model kicks ass! The G9.2tt is better, but more than a Me-50 would cost.

i planned to buy the G1X or the G2.1u. i tried it at the store and i ended up buying a pack of strings. only the higher model zooms are good, imo. the G7 and the G9 use tubes like the Vox tonelab. i'd get the tonelab instead of the me-50.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
yeah the the tone lab should sound the **** on a tube amp.
whats the diffrence between the regular and the SE.
Quote by blabermouth5
yeah the the tone lab should sound the **** on a tube amp.
whats the diffrence between the regular and the SE.

expression pedal and the tube?
hmm i havent played the ZOOM G9 but it looks good on paper you should look into that as well there like 400 bucks new but you could save a bill on ebay.
but check everything you can dont limit yourself to boss.
i'd look into the Korg AX3000G, Vox Tonelab and the Zoom G7.
you think the extra tube does anything in the G9 man cause im in the mood to buy something hahhaha. need a job first tough.
thanks for the input, i went with the me-50... it does get really good bluesy OD... i the effcts but i dont know when i'm ever going to use half of them lol
the G9 has a 3-D expression pedal also thats fun to screw around on. The G7 on eBay is like 250 (maybe less now). The G9 is like 300-350 (maybe less now).