View poll results: Which one?
Gibson Faded V
19 43%
Schecter V-1
20 45%
Other (please specify)
5 11%
Voters: 44.
I searched a bit and couldn't really find too much, so I figured I'd post.
What are the pros and cons of both guitars, and then features better on one than the other, in your opinion.

I plan on saving up $700 and I really like the shapes of these guitars, the way they play, and everything. If I can't decided between the two, I'm going with a Schecter C-1 Elite in the nice amber finish.

But anywho, the music I play is like Darkest Hour, Atreyu, Trivium, Parkway Drive, As I Lay Dying, and All That Remains.

Now I know a couple people will probably say go with the Schecter due to the EMG's, being commonly used in some of those bands, but I'm not sure I want to go the active route (being why I have the option of the Faded V).
So, opinions?
I'm also open to other suggestions for guitars around $700 (preferably with no trem).
Thanks.

Oh, and I play through a Peavey ValveKing 112, if that helps at all.
This is our last chance.
go for the Schecter, its a beast...Schecter is the only thing worth playing man
My Gear-
Schecter C7 FR
Schecter Damien 7
Line 6 Spider III 150 2x12
Massive pedal board
Spector Legend Custom 5 string
Ampeg BA-112 50 watt
My buddy has the V. I like it, it sounds very good, but the playability is less than desirable, compared to an ibanez. The pickups in the V are good in my opinion. I really like the 500T in the bridge, I just put one in my Ibanez I was so impressed by the sound. It is good for heavy distortion and is REALLY hot.

I have no experience with Schecters

edit: Unless you are going to be playing extremely technical, the V should be a great choice.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Last edited by sacamano79 at Jul 5, 2008,
I have the Gibson Faded V and the Peavey 112 amp. Get the Gibson. I play alot of different styles and it sounds simply amazing no matter what I play. The action is perfect, the pickups are incredible, I perfer them over my old ESP with a EMG 81 bridge and a EMG 85 neck.

The sound is outstanding, the quality is unmatched and the playablitiy is perfect. You won't regret it dude.
Quote by Karvid
Maybe the number three has a human fetish

Quote by SeveralSpecies
It is a book by Michael Behe arguing for Intelligent Design.

I assume it has great tits because it has been repeatedly titty f*cked by REAL scientists.

I voted other. Go for the ESP LTD V-500, it's amazing
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by BassGuitarGod
go for the Schecter, its a beast...Schecter is the only thing worth playing man

the best thing you could ever do for yourself is to get over that theory
ESP Eclipse with blackouts (Snow White)
Taylor 814ce (tabacco sunburst)
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
i vote schecter, mainly cuz i think the gibo is ugly...kind of like a toy guitar.....the esp is nice but with ****ty inlays...an extreme looking guitar with dot inlays? ...
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
Id recommend getting the Jackson RR3, over all of those. But if u dont like that then i sugest the Gibson.
If you're unsure about EMG's, then don't get them... 9 out of 10 times people are unhappy with them. I'd say to get the Gibby, and swap out the pickups down the road if they're not hot enough for you.
I'd go with the Gibson, the pickups on it are hot enough for anything metal oriented. Actives don't sound good in my ears - you need a professional rig and a lot of eq-tweaking to get a decent sound.

Oh, and beware of the Schecter nerds on these forums.
Quote by Firewind Raging
I voted other. Go for the ESP LTD V-500, it's amazing

This. Thin neck, awesome V shape, and a great neck.
ok i think the V but as i found out when i bought my SG faded u need to keep em in the cases cause the wood will dry out unless u keep it in the case but it is still a great guitar
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quick simple answer would be Schecter V-1 or ESP V-500, because of the 24 fret necks and EMG pickups, which I personally prefer.....
But that said, I also really like Gibson Vs and Dean Vs....so basically try'em all out if you can. It's the only real way of being sure.

And in all honesty...I would take the C-1 over all of those.

Don
Thanks for all the input, as I look at the poll, a lot of people are going for that Schecter.
Hmm. Well I should be going to Guitar Center sometime this week to play them some more, so hopefully I can decide by then.

And to ChipShank, I'm considering it and just getting the C-1, as it's gorgeous, and $120 cheaper, which leaves money over to start saving for a better amp or pickups or something.
This is our last chance.
Quote by dragxthexwaters
Thanks for all the input, as I look at the poll, a lot of people are going for that Schecter.
Hmm. Well I should be going to Guitar Center sometime this week to play them some more, so hopefully I can decide by then.

And to ChipShank, I'm considering it and just getting the C-1, as it's gorgeous, and $120 cheaper, which leaves money over to start saving for a better amp or pickups or something.

might want to go there now...their having their sale
Dean Dime o Flage
Spider valve mkii
Fender Super Reverb
Peavey Vypyr 15
>.< I forgot about that, and of course, my parents are gone all day.

Anywayss, anymore suggestions?
This is our last chance.
I loved the Gibson, I played it the other day and it was worth its 579.99 price tag, maybe I played a good one but some people give it more crap than they deserve.
Thanks for all the input guys, but I think I'm going to get the Gibson V, as I found a couple of them, new, for $520. If there's anything wrong with them, I can fix 'em up and such, I mean, I have a job so I can get it done.
Though that Schecter C-1 Elite is still looking mighty nice, for $60 more. Oh well, again thanks for the help everyone.
This is our last chance.