i just performed jimmi hendrix's star spangled banner for a group of people, it got a standing ovation, understand that i was completely wasted while i performed it and now as i type this. i just wanna know, how many other americans perform this beautiful song on the day of our country's independence, USA ROCKS who's with me?! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!
I did! WOOOO!!

Though, it wasn't to an audience, just my stoned uncle from the thread a bit ago.

AMERICA!

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

Quote by Mr. Rittard
I did! WOOOO!!

Though, it wasn't to an audience, just my stoned uncle from the thread a bit ago.

AMERICA!

He still playing Spongebob?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I didn't play the Hendrix version, but I did make sure to play the song today (don't know the Hendrix version, though it is the first song I ever learned by ear).
Quote by black-sabbath
He still playing Spongebob?

Nope, He is watching Daddy Day Care now,
I swear he is like a child,
though that is a good movie.

He thinks the flash is real...

Flam·boy·ant
French, from participle of flamboyer to flame
1:Characterized by waving curves suggesting flames
2:Marked by or given to strikingly elaborate or colorful display or behavior

im a bassist so i played the cliff burton one instead...but it counts.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Get a boner and slap your school doctor in the face with your penis.

It'll be funny.

Haiku by of friend of mine:
Fat guy play the bass
Get your jam on, get your jam
And peanut butter

Live Fast, Die Fun
Sorry to say that I couldn't stand Jimi Hendrix's version. It's well done, but he was ridiculously out of tune at woodstock, and that's the only version i've seen. Does a recorded version exist?
I play it through my kazoo.

Br00tlz....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
America rulez!!!!!!!! Fuck yeah!!!!

I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

I would have. But I've been busy today. Sanding and painting my old strat, chatting with friends... otherwise I would have maxed my volume and played it as loud as I want. And anybody who complains can suck it because this is America, and if you don't like our anthem, what the hell is wrong with you?

But now it's July 5th, and there are no more fireworks. But I'm a proud American everyday. July 4th to me is just the official day for patriotism, and plus it's legal to blow crap up!

EDIT: Dude above, you're going to want to remove that pic. Soon.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
lol
i played it just not like Hendrix
instead of dive bombs i incorperated some tapping in it
just a week or so ago i was picking around on an e chord, and it sounded like it. so i went on to learn the rest of it. not hendrix style though, just.............kindergarten choir style.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
The best version ever was played in the begining of "I'm being watched by the CIA"
by Anti-Flag

go listen to it,

im sure most of you guys will get all pissy about it though,
Last edited by JessMess at Jul 5, 2008,
I played the Boston Version it was great
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era