yes. it's where the signal travels, so it affects the tone. length also affects the tone, not just the quality.

EDIT: i wouldn't call the sound from the amp crappy, but it's bit different from a good cable. also, it also depends on the amp.

crappy amp + crappy cable = bad tone.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
youll have better sound and higher volume.
ive been using for some months a klotz TM Stevens funkmaster. Thats THE cable, its worth its 30 euros for five meters
Klotz + neutrik jacks are one of the best cables i've used. also, planet waves and dimarzio.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Been usin planet waves for years, could never go wrong wif them...
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Yes, it will do a difference (you'll hear it when upgrading!)

I use Geroge L, they're not too expensive and they sound fantastic.
Also Eric Johnson uses them
/thread
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Basically this is how it works:
**** Cable: Noticeably ****ty sound
Bad Cable: Somewhat ****ty sound
Average Cable: Decent sound, sounds the best to most people
Good-Great Cables(Gold and others): Best sound, mostly no difference then Average cables to the average ear or untrained musician ear.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

tbh i think at very least 95% of the PERCIEVED difference is from the placebo effect. there definitely is a difference but its relevance is minor. people say you cant hear it because your ear sux or whatever. its likely they cant actually hear it either. no my ears dont suck. i think they are better than most in terms of listening for fidelity. still, i cant hear a significant difference between cables.

but getting good cables does serve a purpose. THEY DONT BREAK!!

just my 2 cents.
Quote by Gabel
Yes, it will do a difference (you'll hear it when upgrading!)

I use Geroge L, they're not too expensive and they sound fantastic.
Also Eric Johnson uses them
/thread

yeah, but he only uses those when the moon's at its closest approach to the earth for optimum tonal response.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah, but he only uses those when the moon's at its closest approach to the earth for optimum tonal response.

Indeed. I've heard he's recently started using only the finest unicorn hair to wind his pickups, too.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
he's a perfectionist, is that EJ.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go with monster cables. they sound great and have a lifetime warranty . I have had two my whole guitar playing career ( 7 yrs ) and every time they break I go get two more free ones at guitar center
Yep. Why have hundreds of $/£ worth of equipment and connect them with crap. ^^^ Id also recommend monster cables.
just as a follow-on to this thread which has been bumped... i got some cleartone cables the other day/week from award session. If you're in the UK, they're about one-third the price of planet waves cables. They absolutely fricking destroy my planet waves cables. i'd resisted upgrading my cables because i figured, "well, my current cables cost £20 each, how much am I going to have to pay to get better?!", thinking I'd have to fork out the best part of several hundred quid for any noticeable improvement... no more. There's no excuse. Subjectively, I'd say those new cables made a similar amount of difference to the difference a pickup swap (from bad to good pickups, not to different kinds, of course) will make. except these leads cost a fraction of what a pickup costs (unless you need to buy about 10, which i did ).

Anyway, fanboy rant over. if you're in the UK, buy them. As i said, no excuse... they're almost as cheap as the cheapest crap cables you can buy in a music shop, but they're pro level kit (van damme cable, neutrik jacks). Can't recommend them highly enough.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?