Poll: Are thery the biggest sell outs?
Poll Options
View poll results: Are thery the biggest sell outs?
yes
19 48%
no
21 53%
Voters: 40.
Everybody in my whole school knows Rockstar, but can't name a single other song. They all think that it is somehow the greatest rock song ever, simpoly because it is about playboy mansions and big old houses off of cribs.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
They are sellouts for making a song a lot of people like?
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
end of day they tour arenas and make **** loads of money. depends what you want from your career, playing ****ty little bars doing your own stuff or touring arenas being world famous doing stuff other people like... I know which i'd rather do lol
no, you're implying they had something to sell out in the first place..

they started out as butt-rock, and butt-rock they have remained
nickleback were always ****, now they just make ****tyer music thats popular due to the masssive outbreak of ****ty indie music.

i want to live in the 80's when metal was king (especially cheesy hair metal, i love it lol)
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
I personally think that the "Rockstar" song is one of the most awful, cheesy and poorest pop songs doing the rounds at the moment/few weeks ago, or whatever.

The video is cringing at best and the whole thing is just piss poor.
Yeah Rockstar is a terrible song. I actually quite like other Nickelback stuff though.
Quote by CrazyDavey
Yeah Rockstar is a terrible song. I actually quite like other Nickelback stuff though.

+1 How you remind me is one of my fave modern songs
Quote by blackflag49
did you just call nickelback indie?

no what i meant was that ever since the huge indie outbreak here in england which has spawned many identical bands who just spam repetitive open chords on the guitar and whose lyrics involve going "do do do do do do do" all the time everyone is like OMG TEH ROCKMUSICORZ IS AWSUM" so now nickelback have made rockmusic that is popular because now all the scene kids are into it
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
a better question is "is nickelback one of the worst bands ever?"

and yes, they are...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
^ That always pissed me right off as well, mr.Bungle. TBH, so far as I know, they're the same style of sound they had from when they broke as they do now - they just wrote a satirical little ditty that for some reason works. So no - they may be unanimously detested by anyone into rock a little more than casually, but they've stuck to their guns, which is more than I can say about some others.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
Quote by Korzack
^ That always pissed me right off as well, mr.Bungle. TBH, so far as I know, they're the same style of sound they had from when they broke as they do now - they just wrote a satirical little ditty that for some reason works. So no - they may be unanimously detested by anyone into rock a little more than casually, but they've stuck to their guns, which is more than I can say about some others.

yes but with that rockstar song they are constantly \/\/horing it out buy playing it everywhere and putting it on loads of compilation cds, they just write music thats seen to be popular, back when they started it was like OMG LETS MAKE TEH GRUNGORZ but they couldnt do that cos they are ****, so now they write lame pop songs about drugs and playboy girls because we all know that drugs are cool because of Amy Winehouse
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
no, they have always sounded like that, in order to sell out you have to switch from making non-mainstream music to making mainstream music.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I don't know if sellout is the correct word, they simply are an unbelivably sh*tty band, and Rockstar is one of the worst songs ever. If given the choice between listening to it twice in a row with no way to block out the sound, or receiving a swift kick in the nuts, I'd take the nuts every time.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by SG Man Forever
I don't know if sellout is the correct word, they simply are an unbelivably sh*tty band, and Rockstar is one of the worst songs ever. If given the choice between listening to it twice in a row with no way to block out the sound, or receiving a swift kick in the nuts, I'd take the nuts every time.

+1
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I used to really like Rockstar, before it they started playing it on TV and Radio every 5 seconds.
It was out like a year prior to that and was one of my favourite songs. Now I just can't stand it.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by blackflag49
no, you're implying they had something to sell out in the first place..

they started out as butt-rock, and butt-rock they have remained

They started out playing gritty grunge-tinged rock actually

They aren't sellouts, it's simply that the label's choices for singles are obviously going to be the ones that will get the most play and make them the most money, and that's why people think that all their music sounds the same when really it's that all their singles sound the same
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i heard the first album everyday in my friends moms car on the way home from school a few years ago. wasnt that bad. it was all about alcoholic parents, bitches, and crime. almost like they were trying to be hard. there was some heavier sounding stuff on it, granted no guitar solos or hard rhythms for that matter, so basically it was a wattered down Godsmack or a 3 doors down. stuff that goes on the Buzz Balads thing on TV.

after that they did mor balads like Photograph and Rockstar. but Side of a Bullet and Animals i think r two ok newer songs.

damn i no too much for not being a fan...
Quote by CrazyDavey

Agreed.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM