So I'm thinking of getting an Ibanez just because I heard that their body and neck is overall better than an ESP, but I really would miss the ESP's EMG 81/85. Should I just get the Ibanez and switch out the pickups with EMG's? And if this is so, which Ibanez should I get to make this easier?
It depends what you need - 22 frets or 24?

24 - Get an RG series. I'm no expert with these but you should get one without an Edge III, or buy one with and replace the trem. Easier to replace pickups as you have a pickguard on most models.

22 - S series. Best versatile modern guitar around IMO. Looks like a strat without the pickguard. Trem is great. Replacing pickups MIGHT be a bit more difficult, as the body is slim and no pickguard, but if you can get the room, I recommend the S series.

BUT, other guitar companies such as ESP make great guitars that you might actually prefer. Try them all out first, actually play a few Ibanez or ESP guitars.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Alright, thanks. I figure I'm just going to go with an Ibanez S series like you said and switch out the pickups.
Ibanez necks are quite different from any ESP guitar I've played. You really should try them out and see what feels more comfortable for you.

Quality depends on what you are looking at, as well. A regular ESP will completely blow away a cheap Ibanez, but an LTD is no comparison to an Ibanez J Custom.
I wouldn't put EMGs in an Ibanez unless it was mahogany, and even then I'd not be certain...they're known for their thin bodies and necks, and EMGs as far as I can tell need a big chunk'o'wood to sound like they are meant to, hence the popularity of EMGs in LPs and the like (ESP Eclipse, Truckster etc.)
Also you need a good tube amp for EMGs...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
ibanez j. custom looks like one tasty guitar here.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Dude, don't take the biased advice of people who prefer brands over other brands.
Go out and try an ESP and an Ibanez together. Pick the better feeling and sounding guitar to your hands and ears.
You can't expect a guitar to be awesome for you because it's awesome for someone else.

/Moepinion.
Signatures are overrated.
Quote by Moe.
Dude, don't take the biased advice of people who prefer brands over other brands.
Go out and try an ESP and an Ibanez together. Pick the better feeling and sounding guitar to your hands and ears.
You can't expect a guitar to be awesome for you because it's awesome for someone else.

/Moepinion.

+1

The first thing I read in your opening post was that you "heard" that they were better.

Those opinions were based on other people using the guitars and everyone will have different opinions based on what they like in terms of the feel of a guitar. Best thing to do, like Moe said, is to go out and try a few ESP, Ibanez, and even other manufacturers to see what "feel" is right for you.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."