Hopeful agnostic, Higher than 50%.
12 12%
True Agnostic, exactly 50%.
8 8%
Agnostic leaning to atheism. Technically agnostic but leaning towards atheism
24 24%
De facto atheist, just short of zero %. 'God is improbable'
28 29%
Strong atheist, I know there is no God, just as Option 1 knows there is.
12 12%
Voters: 98.
Page 1 of 2
Yes I did steal these catagories and the orignal idea from 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins, which is an excellent book and a must read for atheists, agnostics and religious people.

I want to see how the pit is made up.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
I have no idea what you just said.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
i don't know whats going on, but titsmcgee has the best avatar ever.

straight up.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i don't know whats going on, but titsmcgee has the best avatar ever.

straight up.

Damn right, and plus Pac Man has a hot wife!
Religion tread.

Goddamned June 08's.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
This thread is that unreadable, that even my avatar is more important.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Quote by Wigert
Religion tread.

Goddamned June 08's.
look, a february 08'er trying to be elitist.. isn't he cute?
Allow me to explain the way polls work:
People can not vote in a poll if it does not exist.

Oh, and I don't need a book to tell me that God isn't real. I figured that out on my own.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by titsmcgee852
This thread is that unreadable, that even my avatar is more important.

It's a sad day for polls. A sad day.

On-topic: I know what he's talking about. I'm just waiting for a poll.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by blackflag49
look, a february 08'er trying to be elitist.. isn't he cute?

Yarly.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Damn 100 character limit on poll options
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Nowwwww it makes sense! Yeah, my avatar is still more interesting :P
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
hm i'm the only strong theist thus far.
Quote by Encyclopedia
Yes I did steal these catagories and the orignal idea from 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins, which is an excellent book and a must read for atheists, agnostics and religious people.

I want to see how the pit is made up.

if you're going to read the God Delusion, at least read the Dawkins Delusion as well.
both pretty good reads
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
I made a whole topic like this cos no one understood anything from yours but you got it edited before me nice.
Can I just ask of anyone that voted for 'strong atheist' how can you? You have to accept the possibilty even if it is mindbogglingly unlikely. You can't be sure God doesn't exist in the same way you can't be sure faries don't exist.
I'm pretty sure being a theist is not about there physically being a God, isn't it more about the faith? I'm agnostic, but I go to church with my Nana sometimes.
And I voted hopeful agnostic.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I voted for strong atheist...I cant accept the possibility that there is a God. In fact i should be between 6 and 7 cos really i cant be %100 sure but still i voted for 7.
Quote by ScottB.
I'm pretty sure being a theist is not about there physically being a God, isn't it more about the faith? I'm agnostic, but I go to church with my Nana sometimes.
And I voted hopeful agnostic.

Theism is the belief in the existence of one or more divinities or deities. There is also a narrower sense in which theism refers to the belief that one or more divinities are immanent in the world, yet transcend it, along with the idea that divinity(s) is/are omniscient, omnipotent and the rest of that jazz.

Deism is the belief that there is a God who created the universe, but that after creating it he left it to regulate itself and doesn't step in to provide miracles or the like.

I don't know what you are thinking of.
Quote by Encyclopedia
Can I just ask of anyone that voted for 'strong atheist' how can you? You have to accept the possibilty even if it is mindbogglingly unlikely. You can't be sure God doesn't exist in the same way you can't be sure faries don't exist.

If I were to accept everything could exist I'd be an irrational fool.
Quote by Kensai
Ahhh are we on to the celestial teapot now?

If I were to say there was a teapot, orbitting somewhere between the orbits of Earth and Mars, and that it was so small that no instrument could pick it up you could not disprove me. You can believe that the likelyhood is so small that it is preposterous but you cannot prove for absolute certainty that the teapot does not exist.

EDIT: Something along those lines anyhow.
conversely, if i were to believe that nothing exists, i'd be an irrational fool.
Quote by Encyclopedia
Ahhh are we on to the celestial teapot now?

If I were to say there was a teapot, orbitting somewhere between the orbits of Earth and Mars, and that it was so small that no instrument could pick it up you could not disprove me. You can believe that the likelyhood is so small that it is preposterous but you cannot prove for absolute certainty that the teapot does not exist.

There's a slight difference between the likelyhood of an inanimate object somewhere in the galaxy and the potential likelyhood of an omnipotent god breaking all laws of physics.

I don't see why it's up to me to disprove it either. It's up to YOU to prove it. That's how science rolls, yo.

Quote by Kivarenn82
conversely, if i were to believe that nothing exists, i'd be an irrational fool.

Yes. But no one said anything about believing nothing exists.
Quote by Kensai
There's a slight difference between the likelyhood of an inanimate object somewhere in the galaxy and the potential likelyhood of an omnipotent god breaking all laws of physics.

I don't see why it's up to me to disprove it either. It's up to YOU to prove it. That's how science rolls, yo.

Well, that's the point of the example People say "you can't disprove God" and well you can't disprove that either.

Also, there's no real difference in likelyhood at all. people just assume there is because Pone seems more stupid to them than the other. But it if you were to say that the teapot had all the powers of a god. Would that suddenly make it more likely? no.
Last edited by rizo299 at Jul 5, 2008,
the quest for proof lies in yourself, not everyone else.
Quote by Kensai

No you wouldn't.

It is always perfectly rational to accept the possibility, however slight, that you and others have made an error.

However, this chance is so small that, in real life, it translates into simply 'there is no god'.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Kensai

I'm not trying to prove it, I'm a 'de facto atheist' myself. I understand your point but I don't feel that I can completely remove the possibility, in the same way nothing can completely disprove the probability of the Easter Bunny.
Quote by Encyclopedia
I'm not trying to prove it, I'm a 'de facto atheist' myself. I understand your point but I don't feel that I can completely remove the possibility, in the same way nothing can completely disprove the probability of the Easter Bunny.

hrm.. i'm afraid i am a strong A-easterbunniest

(i do understand your point)
It's completely nonsense to believe something just cos we cant prove it doesnt exist...Sorry but things dont work like that...
Quote by Encyclopedia

Thing is, I'm a skeptic and as such I want to be convinced I'm wrong rather than trying to prove it's wrong myself. I have a strong belief in a rational reality and look for scientic reasons rather than "god did it" or the easter bunny exist because there's a slight possibility he does.

If someone would hand me a dead easter bunny I would change my mind. And murder him for killing the easter bunny.

I suppose I was a bit rash in voting the strong atheist but for me the possiblity is so neglient.

I'm more worried about the strong theists honestly...

Quote by meh!
No you wouldn't.

It is always perfectly rational to accept the possibility, however slight, that you and others have made an error.

However, this chance is so small that, in real life, it translates into simply 'there is no god'.

I accept the slight possibility but it's so neglient I don't think about it more than I think about if my socks match my trousers.

If you knew me IRL that would make more sense.

Quote by rizo299
Well, that's the point of the example People say "you can't disprove God" and well you can't disprove that either.

Also, there's no real difference in likely hood at all. people just assume there is because Pone seems more stupid to them than the other. But it if you were to say that the teapot had all the powers of a god. Would that suddenly make it more likely? no.

And I hate comparisons like such. Seems people always try and use them on me. If I the very same example but change the teapot variable to giant space monster it's all of a sudden "but i know theres no space monster only god lololol". Hypocrites.
Option two, although I consider myself a Deist.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
no need to worry about us strong theists.. whenever something funny happens, i don't chalk it up to "oh the Gods did it" i search out the most logical answer i can think of, or whatever.

if i can't figure it out.. well then thats it. i Don't know.

doesn't make think the gods are screwing with us or whatever, it just is what it is. everything happens for scientific reasons. just in some cases we don't know those reasons.
Quote by Kensai
Thing is, I'm a skeptic and as such I want to be convinced I'm wrong rather than trying to prove it's wrong myself. I have a strong belief in a rational reality and look for scientic reasons rather than "god did it" or the easter bunny exist because there's a slight possibility he does.

If someone would hand me a dead easter bunny I would change my mind. And murder him for killing the easter bunny.

I suppose I was a bit rash in voting the strong atheist but for me the possiblity is so neglient.

I'm more worried about the strong theists honestly...

Oh it's quite natural for 'faith-heads' to deny all logic and reason
I can't believe someone made a belief poll that makes sense, kudos mate!
Page 1 of 2