I really like Jimi's tone in Red House. And Eddies tone in Maggot Brain.. Which overdrive should I get?

I like the look of The Big Muff and Fuzz Face, are they decent pedals??
i would stay away from the bigmuff

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
i would stay away from the bigmuff

Oh ok, how come?
its really bassy and its hard to get a good tone out of it. trust me ive been trying. plus its not an overdrive

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Hmm, thing is, Red House would have been achieved by a fairly low-gain (by modern standards) British voiced valve amp driven into overdrive.

Never heard maggot brain i'm afraid.

But for the Jimi you are probably going to run your amp hot on the clean channel and boost it with a nice OD pedal - like, an OCD or something. Having said that, I haven't really used one, nor many other pedals as my amp's OD is plenty.

Your main problem is that your Randall is probably far too modern voiced - the best solution would be to sell it and try and get a more vintage sounding British voiced amp (think: Orange, Ceriatone, H&K Statesman etc.)
Adam
Quote by adzlee123
Hmm, thing is, Red House would have been achieved by a fairly low-gain (by modern standards) British voiced valve amp driven into overdrive.

Never heard maggot brain i'm afraid.

But for the Jimi you are probably going to run your amp hot on the clean channel and boost it with a nice OD pedal - like, an OCD or something. Having said that, I haven't really used one, nor many other pedals as my amp's OD is plenty.

Your main problem is that your Randall is probably far too modern voiced - the best solution would be to sell it and try and get a more vintage sounding British voiced amp (think: Orange, Ceriatone, H&K Statesman etc.)

Oh ok, I'm looking at used Oranges, and the REALLY pricey What you're saying sounds spot on.
Quote by adzlee123

actually on that song, he used a 59 bassman and a fuzzface, it also sounds like the volume on his guitar was turned down a pinch.
if you want jimi sounds, get a fuzzface.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
find a used rocker 30

09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Quote by timzee117
find a used rocker 30

Ok found some, pricey, but seem worth it.. Damn that's a fine looking amp, looking forward to listening to it..

Wait.. That's just a head, so I'd have to buy that and a cab?
Last edited by Nugi at Jul 5, 2008,