Im looking for a new amp to replace my current little practice amp.

Im looking around and thought I should probably ask here for some better advice.

I want something around the $500 range I can go a bit higher.

I want to use it with a GT-8 and a few stompboxes. So I dont particularly want an amp with all the built in effects just a good sound.

Also if its a particular site that sells it, it needs to ship overseas.

Something that will sound good with alot of metal, rock and shredding.

So any ideas or advice?
line6 spider or ibanez mimix(or however ur meant to spell it)
Equipment

Jackson Dinky DKMGT
Randall RG50TC
Quote by lukeuh36azabc
line6 spider or ibanez mimix(or however ur meant to spell it)

Incorrect.

List of amps on musicians friend: Link
Considering what you play I'd say probably the Crate V Series would be your best option.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
What are you going to be using said amp for? If you're in Australia you're not going to get much for $500, plus you'd probably get a better tone from the GT-8's headphone jack than you would from plugging it into most amps.
Well Im playing with a band and doing some pretty average recording. Nothing serious.

The Aus doller is almost the same as the US atm so that isnt a big issue. Ebay looks like it has some good things. How does crate stand up in quality compared to say marshall?

Also every second product I see now is BEHRINGER are they crap?
Quote by dan_g_
Well Im playing with a band and doing some pretty average recording. Nothing serious.

The Aus doller is almost the same as the US atm so that isnt a big issue. Ebay looks like it has some good things. How does crate stand up in quality compared to say marshall?

Also every second product I see now is BEHRINGER are they crap?

Crate amps are practically indestructible
one of my mates who completely thrashes his gear had a marshall AVT for 5 years, after 3 he had to get all of the electronics replaced
he has had a crate for 10 years now, and never had a problem.

also, yes, behringer are pretty terrible

I would go with either the crate or a peavey valveking
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Ok I'll admit it I'm a sucker for Marshall.

At the moment im looking at Marshall amps mostly. Any recommendations there?

Also should I buy the Compact amp or get a head and later when I have more cash get a cab for it?

And.. Any one know some reputable stores that ship internationally?
Marshall don't make anything in your price range that doesn't suck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by dan_g_
Ok I'll admit it I'm a sucker for Marshall.

At the moment im looking at Marshall amps mostly. Any recommendations there?

Like Steve said, you won't get a Marshall in your price range that isn't a piece of crap.

Also should I buy the Compact amp or get a head and later when I have more cash get a cab for it?

Get a combo now, you never REALLY need a head and cab... and a head doesn't work on its own. Try running it without a speaker attatched, and it blows up. Really.

And.. Any one know some reputable stores that ship internationally?

In Australia, there's not many. I'd check out eBay and craigslist (they have it there, right?) first, you'll be getting much better deals anyway.

Anyway, I'd be on the lookout for an Epiphone Valve Junior, Blackheart Little Giant, or some sort of small, 5W tube amp.
he said he wants to play with a band, depending on what he plays, a 5w tube probably isn't going to work out so well.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
he said he wants to play with a band, depending on what he plays, a 5w tube probably isn't going to work out so well.

Missed that.

Well then, if he can pick up a used Roland JC in that price range then I'd say go for it. Valveking, Classic 30, all the other standard medium wattage tube amps would probably work as well.
I wish I lived in america, a valveking 212 is exactly $499. I can afford that now if they shipped internationally.