I live in Australia where the volts are like around 240 i think, im 15 yrs old and dont have much money, sure i have a job, but my strict parents dont let me touch much of the money i earn from it. I noticed that amps from America are soo much cheaper than amps from Australia, but ther voltage of American amps are around 120 i think. If i were to buy an amp from America (voltage being 120v), would i beable to buy some convertor that converts the voltage from 240 (from the power point) to 120(into the amp)? Is ther such thing as a convertor? What things can i do to make a 120v amp work off a 240v powerpoint, but still allowing the amp to work to its full potential, btw i play bass guitar, if that helps.
There are power converters out there. Australia is 220v and america is 110v. Prices will very by how many watts the converter will take.
Your looking at about $40 for a 500 watt $60 for a 1000 watt and $100+ for 1500 watt and up. US currency.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
It's fairly common among solid state electronics, you'll find the amp itself probably has several voltage transformers itself, you're merely transforming the input voltage.
I don't know how this works in Australia, of course, but are you sure that you won't have to pay tolling fees and taxes on private import? At least that's how it works here in europe/sweden, which in the end, combined with shipping fees means that the things you've ordered ends up being just a little tiny bit cheaper than buying it locally in the first place, and its much more of a hassle getting your things.
My gear:
Ibanez RG 570 w. Irongear pickups
Tokai EX-55 Korina Explorer
Laney VC50 w. Eminence speakers
Digitech Bad Monkey
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
ISP Decimator
Roland Cube 20X
BC Rich Bronze Series Warlock
Quote by Trailen
I don't know how this works in Australia, of course, but are you sure that you won't have to pay tolling fees and taxes on private import? At least that's how it works here in europe/sweden, which in the end, combined with shipping fees means that the things you've ordered ends up being just a little tiny bit cheaper than buying it locally in the first place, and its much more of a hassle getting your things.

depends on. If you buy a Mesa new here (in Sweden) it's about triple the price from what it coast in the usa. rule of thump is the more expansive the piece is you are buying the more it is worth it. and since you are from Sweden her is a website with tips (Attention! it's in Swedish).
http://musicimport.weebly.com/

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
You need what is called a step down converter. They are not cheap but they are very handy. I run about half my house of step down converters.

The only real issue you will have running US stuff in Oz with a converter is that (as far as I know) the electricity ac speed in Oz is 50hz and in the USA it's 60hz. This is going to make your amp so that it doesn't have as much power as it's meant to have which means you will get slightly less output, loose bass, and less high end. It's not the end of the world, but amps do sound better when they have the right voltage AND the right AC speed.
Not taking any online orders.
Depending on the amp you can convert em. There are multi voltage models available. And running an american amp on a converter in aus will certainly void the warranty.
I think the world should be 115 standard current and 60 Herts cycle duty. That would make life so much easier. Also, TS that amp doesn't have a 220 transformer in it. It won't switch voltages.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
what bass amps out there convert themselves to whatever voltage they are plugged into?