Im just learning how to play guitar cause ive always been somewhat interested. Im taking guitar next year in school. is their any advice you can give me as to what i should start to do to teach my self as much as i can before september?
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

I squinted my eyes and said "Where is your god now"

XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: capn crayola
Chords. Also, pick yourself up a good guitar book, with a DVD. They really do help a lot.
first,you prolly need a guitar.
Second,if your really determined,id try learning chords and scales on an acoustic,so that your fingers build up.Trust me it helps a ton.I'd get a book with scales and stuff in it to learn from.
meh
do you own a guitar and amp?

learn simple techniques such as hammering, pulling, bending, vibratos, slides and so on.
learn simple chords.
learn simple scales and start learning theory

but most of all, make sure you are having fun, playing what you want.
Quote by ginjaninja
do you own a guitar and amp?

learn simple techniques such as hammering, pulling, bending, vibratos, slides and so on.
learn simple chords.
learn simple scales and start learning theory

but most of all, make sure you are having fun, playing what you want.

I wouldn't do that first. I would say learn that after you have some chords and scales, and then maybe use those techniques in a simple solo. Learning them will probably get you fustrated aswell.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Work with a metronome. Clarity is most important no matter what technique you are using. Speed will come with a lot of patience and practice. Working with a metronome will develope both.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
learn some cool 3 chord songs, it keeps it fun. but dont forget to practice your basic scales. be aware of your freting hand and your picking hand at all times. perfect practice makes perfect, take your time too. dont try and get to far ahead of yourself, its really hard to unlearn something. and like lil macker said, make sure your having fun with it. best of luck to you.
thanks everybody, i greatly appreciate it
and yes i have a guitar and amp

just by a small company: Silvertone i bought it with in a set with a tuner and amp and everything, the guy at the store set it would be good to start with.

what 3 chord songs would you suggest i begin to learn?
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME
I use those bread bag clips as ninja stars, i once hit a Jehovahs witnesses guy on the head with one.

Some simple beginner songs (i'm a beginner, & these are what i've been learning!!).. Wild Thing... Mr Tambourine Man.. Knocking on Heavens Door.. Bad Moon Rising.. with Or Without You (U2)...

There's 5 to be going on with..
thanks
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME

Blitzkrieg Bop by the Ramones and Twist of Cain by Danzig are pretty simple songs. Twist of Cain was the first song I ever learned.
anybody else have any tips
?
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME

Yes, studies have proven that maple leafs fans that changed to montreal fans also experinced an insane boost in guitar skill
lmfao, habs suck
Quote by brandon369852
BW==D
B=W=D
B==WD~~~

^Fap.

Quote by ADCME

some Simple songs

Paranoid- Black Sabbath
One- Metallica- not really easy but uses lots of finger movments and will help alot
iron man- Black Sabbath

some good riffs
Mother- Danzig
Brainstew- Greenday- Don't take crap from anyone playing this song because it helps you learn

and good luck