Well I'm starting to develop a bit of a problem. I've started playing my Acoustic a lot lately, and have focused on this the last month or so. Now when I picked up my electric, after 10 minutes of playing the strings feel like they're cutting into my fingers.. over developed callouses? I'm not sure.

Now, I've been playing for 5 years and have been fine playing mainly Electric, but ever sicne the switch to Acoustic it's been tougher to play my electric.

Any advice?
play both acoustic and electric regularly, dont neglect one instrument.

i think it is just a temporary problem.
Do you have a heavier gauge of strings on the electric? Usually the electric is lighter so it works the other way around. I use the same gauge on both and never have a problem
you might be used to pressing harder on the acoustic so when you pick up the electric you press hard and it hurts .
Quote by Kreuger
Do you have a heavier gauge of strings on the electric? Usually the electric is lighter so it works the other way around. I use the same gauge on both and never have a problem

Well, I use Lite on both guitars, but an Acoustic lite (which is 12 gauge) is much thicker than an Electric lite (9 gauge).
I play both, and my fingers seem to be fine. I tend to switch between them myself, so who ever said something about pushing too hard on the electric cause of the force they use on the electric is most likely right.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
I noticed a similar feeling as well, and I'm guessing it's due to the fact that the lighter electric strings are "sharper" than the thicker acoustic strings? Sometimes after I played my acoustic for a bit, then pickup my electric, the E and B strings feel like they're almost cutting into my fingers because they are so thin/sharp.

I use 12s on my acoustic and 9s on my electric as well.

It probably has something to do with pressing down too hard because of the fingers getting used to pressing down hard on the acoustic. I usually just continue to play a bit, and my hand kinda readjusts itself to the electric strings n a few minutes and I'm fine.
You might try a lighter touch on the electric, that seems to be the preferred technique.
I use 12 on both my acoustic and electric... I just like the sound and feel better with thicker strings on my electric.