Hello!

I just broke the 1st string on my Ibanez RG350EX. The question is, should i keep the old stock strings and replace the broken one with a new one, or replace all the strings with brand new D'addarios?

Thanks
Get new ones. You'll need a new pack anyway, and just changing one string will give you 5 old, dead- sounding strings and 1 new, bright string... doesn't sound good.
Replace them all. If they're stock strings, they wouldn't have been to clean when you bought the guitar anyway. Just be aware that when you change your strings, you will need to adjust the spring tension to adjust to the tension of the strings.
Quote by AdamDK
Replace them all. If they're stock strings, they wouldn't have been to clean when you bought the guitar anyway. Just be aware that when you change your strings, you will need to adjust the spring tension to adjust to the tension of the strings.

Not if he blocks his trem, changes them one at a time, and uses the same guage strings as he had before...
im assuming you know how to change strings on a flaoting trem, but if not look it up on you tube its the easiest way with ablock of wood,

so ya change them all thats a pretty silly question

just make sure to follow the video!
and not to have the wood too small :P
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Not if he blocks his trem, changes them one at a time, and uses the same guage strings as he had before...

No need to block the trem if he changes one string at a time, it's actually easier and quicker if you don't bother.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No need to block the trem if he changes one string at a time, it's actually easier and quicker if you don't bother.

really? every person iove asked and every video ive seen has said to block it.. ive even tried it once without blocking it and well.. i had to take it in to get it set up cuz im a noob and i cant setup my own floating trem
Quote by 6-string-yay
really? every person iove asked and every video ive seen has said to block it.. ive even tried it once without blocking it and well.. i had to take it in to get it set up cuz im a noob and i cant setup my own floating trem

S'pose it makes sense now that I think about it... the other strings would compensate for the tension lost by the removed string. I've just been cautious, I guess.
Quote by steven seagull

Wow, that is a huge relief. But do you recommend taking a guitar to a tech if u wanted to change from 9s to 10s?