hey pit,

im about to rip a load of CDs for use with my mp3 player, probably a Zune.

which format should i use? MP3 or WMV? space is not a problem

thanks
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
mp3?

wmv is a media player file is it not? but if it works, why change it?
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
mp3
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
im thinking of using a 320 bitrate mp3. does the noticeable quality of an mp3 leveloff after a point?
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
try with .ACC

it uses much less memory, meaning you can have more songs.

aslo, the change in the quality is unnoticable
the zune is only compatible with AAC, MP3 and WMV

EDIT: would it be worth it do get an IPOD in order to get more access to diff. file formats?
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
The difference is noticable, especially if you're planning on using a decent set of headphones or speakers. Use Mp3's, prefferably at a high bitrate. If you're really that worried about space, lower the bitrate, but I think you'll have enough space anyway, seeing as you said 'space is not a problem'.
Quote by InvaderRen

EDIT: would it be worth it do get an IPOD in order to get more access to diff. file formats?

Ipod only plays .mp4, so you'll have to convert everything anyway.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Rodders
The difference is noticable, especially if you're planning on using a decent set of headphones or speakers. Use Mp3's, prefferably at a high bitrate. If you're really that worried about space, lower the bitrate, but I think you'll have enough space anyway, seeing as you said 'space is not a problem'.

Weird, as I've just read that AAC generally achieves better quality than MP3.

^iPod uses AAC as the default, hence why CDs ripped to iTunes are automatically converted to AAC.
Quote by InvaderRen

Nah, unless you torrent m4as and shit like that. You're never really going to use anything but those.
Quote by FireandFlames
Your weak mind just cannot comprehend the intense level of awesome that Pokemon is at.
don't buya zune and use FLAC

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

Rip to MP3's at 320 Kb/s
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
ok, now im thinking mp3 vs aac. what is the max bitrate for aac? i dont have an aac ripper atm
My Gear:
MIM Jazz fretless
180W Ashdown 12"
GAS:
NOTHING
MP3 above 256k won't make any difference at all on a Zune (or any other portable for that matter). I'd stick with that personally.

MP3 is the most common music format on the planet, you may as well have music compatible with everything.
I would set your program to rip them to mp3's. That way if you ever get sick of your zune, no matter what new player you get it's gonna be compatible with all of your music.