No, this was 82 at Monetreux. People weren't used to to his type of blues. He went back in 85 and got a far better reception.
I'M IN THE FIGHT TO CURE CYSTIC FIBROSIS...MY LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Quote by JustRooster
I'm a straight man, but I'd put that surfcaster right in my mouth.

Quote by JD2k9
Well, life is like a penis.
Women make it hard.
Also, it's short but seems long when it gets hard.
Hmm i couldn't hear it...
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Umm.....that seemed like a good performance, not great, but good. I really couldn't hear the booing.
does sound like it
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Lol, it's a distinct possibility he was boo'ed, it does faintly sound like it at the very end.

I boo'ed at a Metallica concert I went to, I was on the floor virtually infront of Hammett, while everyone else cheered and clapped, he stared at the lone "boo'er" and flicked a pick in my face, it was hilarious. Still have that pick somewhere..
There were a few boos but it seems the majority liked him. Big deal.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by cmonaco
Lol, it's a distinct possibility he was boo'ed, it does faintly sound like it at the very end.

I boo'ed at a Metallica concert I went to, I was on the floor virtually infront of Hammett, while everyone else cheered and clapped, he stared at the lone "boo'er" and flicked a pick in my face, it was hilarious. Still have that pick somewhere..

Did you really go to a concert to stand in the front row and boo just for the sake of being different? What's the point, if I may ask?
Quote by Just_a_picker
No, this was 82 at Monetreux. People weren't used to to his type of blues. He went back in 85 and got a far better reception.

This man is 100% right. I think the SRV book described the music as being "meat that was too strong for some stomachs". The people in Europe were used to more folk blues like Big Bill bronzney. Also this was on a jazz night, so you can see why it didn't mesh.

Although, because of this concert, he got to play on david Bowies album, which really opened him up for his own record contract.
Quote by sashki
Did you really go to a concert to stand in the front row and boo just for the sake of being different? What's the point, if I may ask?

he did get his pick so that is definitely worth it.
Wow just heard SRV for the first time on that vid. ****in A!
Quote by Aussie_skater
everyone listen to PLOP he knows the way of the forum samurai

Quote by Seth Shadows
^PLOP = Best, username, ever.

REVOCATION FTW! 9/9/9
Quote by PLOP

That's one more convert for the Church of SRV!

*hallelujahs*
Quote by abstract pie
Ahh the pit. Where conversations of Pokemon Cards can turn into ones of wizard homosexuality

You are everything I want...
...'Cause you are...

...Everything I'm not.

Atheism. Is. Not. A. Religion.
Today's saints were yesterday's sellouts
i only heard one guy in the last couple of seconds booing
███████████████
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
████████████
My dad told me about this. Yeah, they did boo him here. This was before some of his big albums, but I have that DVD, and even though it's not like he played badly, he did much better with the audience on his second visit there.
i have that DVD and if you watch it all the way through you can definitely tell that that they definitely didnt really like it that much as the gig went on.
i believe though that all the acts that night except him were more acoustic/folky blues so understandably the crowd was just kinda in shock.
Quote by Just_a_picker

That.

And WOW, that's one solid bass player.
We're only strays.
That was the 1982 Montreaux. He was boo'd because the crowd didn't like his style.

That was his first time at Montreaux, and no one had ever heard that style of blues, and it wasn't very well received by the more "traditional" crowd.

So, at the end of his set, they boo'd him.

He went back five years later and was considered the biggest act of that year.

I saw this onThe 1987 performance. Before they showed the concert they interviewed Double Trouble, and asked them about that gig.

Don't ask me how I remember all this. I haven't even listened to SRV is over a year or more.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by sashki

Lol, I had no intention of booing.. well i had every intention of booing, lol, simply because I wanted to get his attention somehow :P It clearly worked and I have one of his picks to show for it. I then proceeded to enjoy the rest of the show with cheering :P All an elaborate plan of greatness..
They weren't boooing, you dummies. The bass player's name was Stuart, and he had a lot of casual friends in the audience.

STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by PLOP

i remember my first time, when my dad showed me videos of some gig...

who cares if he was boo'd, he is (one of) the greatest ever
Quote by PLOP

+1
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
There were a few boos but it seems the majority liked him. Big deal.

+1.

There were only a few boos like he said.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

This wasnt a bad gig, this was his first gig.

His show at '82 Montreux was a really bad first venue for him. He was playing amidst other freeform jazz instrumental bands, alot of mellow music, and then Stevie came up playing louder than anything anyone else has ever heard before, with his signature cranked fender tubes. He got boo'd because no one knew who the hell he would become, and they weren't even fans of that genre of music.

After this gig, David Bowie pulled him aside and asked to go on tour with him but leave Double Trouble behind. He refused. Thus started Stevie's career.

Sorry for the history lesson. I'm a SRV disciple.

EDIT: And to the people who said they werent booing, they were. It's published in several articles that Stevie was really depressed after this gig.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison