I'm currently saving up for a new amp, and I can't seem to decide between the Fender Blues Deluxe, or the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. If possible, could you tell me the differences/pro's and con's of both? J

ust to make this thread even longer, It's either I buy a amp, or a the new Fender American Standard Strat. I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. My Style is Blues, and I'm shooting for a Mayer sound.

Thank you very much for your help, and God Bless!
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
^ yeah, the hrd's two overdrive channels are pretty much useless. i haven't tried the BD in a while, but from what i remember, its od channels don't suck as much.

if you're in need of a really good od channel, though, i'd probably look elsewhere (e.g. peavey classic/traynor ycv).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'm more focused on clean than anything. The overdrive can be met with my Blues Driver, or i'll buy a Tube Screamer of some sort.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
ah ok, then yeah, the BD is probably the one you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The thing is, the Valve junior isn't that bad. (I just threw some JJ's in there) I'm just wondering, would it be worth my money to buy a American Strat, and just run it thru the VJ, or should i just wait till around November when i may be able to get both.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
mayer plays a hot rod deluxe at his house or something

i would say get the new strat, sell the old strat and use that towards a new amp

american strats are amazing

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by FMNStratGuy
The thing is, the Valve junior isn't that bad. (I just threw some JJ's in there) I'm just wondering, would it be worth my money to buy a American Strat, and just run it thru the VJ, or should i just wait till around November when i may be able to get both.

yeah, the vj is pretty nice, as long as you realise it's not too versatile (i have one too). just you don't really get that "fender clean" sound out of it, at all. it's really up to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Used HRDs or used BDs are $400 ish. Used Twin Reverbs and the like are $500-750 if you look around. Buy used, get better gear, be happier longer.
Thank you all very much for the help. I'm just gonna keep banking my money till around fall(ish) then see what happens around that time. Hopefully by then I can afford both. And yes, I will look used as well.
Gear:

Guitars
Martin DSR
Taylor 214e
Fender Strat
Epiphone 335 Dot
Carlo Robelli Acoustic

Amps+Effects
1978 Fender Pro Reverb
Boss Blues Driver
Boss Super Overdrive
EHX Holy Grail
Boss DD-20 Giga Delay
Quote by gregs1020
Used HRDs or used BDs are $400 ish. Used Twin Reverbs and the like are $500-750 if you look around. Buy used, get better gear, be happier longer.

This.

The clean may not be much better with the twin, but the reverb is WAY better. The reverb alone is worth the price IMO.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not