What is the closest amp to this one, i absolutely love these amps, but they're SO expensive, and i really just need a combo.

So, what's the closes combo amp to the Dual Recti?
O O

___
rectoverb? tremoverb? road king combo?

EDIT: f-series, if you can find one, might be worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
rectoverb? tremoverb? road king combo?

EDIT: f-series, if you can find one, might be worth a look.

isn't the road king more expensive? not sure about the first two amps.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
i've never played through a dual rec, but i wouldn't call my f-30 br00talz, like what is usually said about the dual rec.
not sure about f-50 or f-100 though. keep in mind they are of different tubes.
"Often it does seem a pity that Noah and his party did not miss the boat." -Mark Twain
Try an F-series or DC. The 50W ones use 6L6 tubes which are a little tighter and more commonly associated with the recto sound. However I'd consider the 30W ones simply because you'll be able to crank them a little more - my 50W Dual Caliber sounds quite sterile until you get it past 3 or 4, and that's far too loud for many pubs and clubs.
Quote by necrophilic
isn't the road king more expensive? not sure about the first two amps.

yeah, probably. subtract the cost of the cab needed for the DR, though, and they might be a little cheaper...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've read somewhere in reviews people use this as a cheap alternative to rectifiers.
tube amp + MT-2 keeley mod "twilight zone".
not sure if it's good myself though.
I hear a lot about the B-52 AT amps being "poor man's rectos" but as they're so cheap I wouldn't really expect them to do a great job of imitating that sound.... How much are the Randall MTS amps? I'm pretty sure they have a Rectifier-alike module. I have a feeling they're incredibly expensive though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by necrophilic
i've never played through a dual rec, but i wouldn't call my f-30 br00talz, like what is usually said about the dual rec.
not sure about f-50 or f-100 though. keep in mind they are of different tubes.

I really don't play metal, some metal, but not like super heavy death br00talz metal.

But my favorite band uses a Dual rectifier, and i've always known them to be super expensive, so i was wondering if there were any combos that were close i could try out.

Are there any websites that sell Mesa Boogie, i can't find any. MF and GC don't, is there another sight.

Or, really, can somebody tell me how much the f-30 costs used?
O O

___
bought mine new, with 1100USD (converted). but it's japan so it's expensive than the states. i think 700-800 bucks can get you a used one. personally wouldn't suggest it as an alternative for rectifiers though.
Quote by TheBax
I really don't play metal, some metal, but not like super heavy death br00talz metal.

But my favorite band uses a Dual rectifier, and i've always known them to be super expensive, so i was wondering if there were any combos that were close i could try out.

Are there any websites that sell Mesa Boogie, i can't find any. MF and GC don't, is there another sight.

Or, really, can somebody tell me how much the f-30 costs used?

Mesa Boogie's Arent sold online as far as I know new. Handbuilt so even going to a local music store can be tricky to order them. Bugera maybe and the Mesa express is one of my favorites.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
If you truly want a Dual Rectifier, honestly, save for a recto-verb combo.

Or really hold on to the money and save for the real-deal. There may be imitations, but you'll soon grow out of them and wish you still had that $800 you spent on it to put towards the real-deal.
Quote by timi_hendrix
I hear a lot about the B-52 AT amps being "poor man's rectos" but as they're so cheap I wouldn't really expect them to do a great job of imitating that sound.... How much are the Randall MTS amps? I'm pretty sure they have a Rectifier-alike module. I have a feeling they're incredibly expensive though.

i didn't think the randall recto model was all that good, to be honest. They're dear here, but i think they're more sensibly priced in the states (like most things )...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Honestly I think the Peavey XXX and JSX are some good Rectifierish amps. Try one out they are not quite as versatile, but the tones are similar and are very good. IMO
Quote by Johnbryant
Honestly I think the Peavey XXX and JSX are some good Rectifierish amps. Try one out they are not quite as versatile, but the tones are similar and are very good. IMO

actually the JSX is one of the most versatile amps out from peavey, and if EQ'd right, can do metal very well,...although it is a tad bright
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
For under $600, a nice solid state amp, such as the Flextone would be as close to a recto as you can find.

For under $1000, you can find many great choices. The rectoverb would be my #1 choice, better cleans, and just as much gain as a normal recto. Possibly a Genz Benz el Diablo (used that is). B-52 gives a recto-ish sound.

It's really not going to kill you to save up for an amp you will love and want to keep for a long time. Not to mention if you buy an amp used, you can usually turn around and sell it for the same, if not a higher price than what you paid for it.

The Mesa F-30 can sell on ebay as low as $600, quite occasionally as well. I recommend the F-100 combo. Much better tone, and they usually sell for $100 more.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by TheBax
What is the closest amp to this one, i absolutely love these amps, but they're SO expensive, and i really just need a combo.

So, what's the closes combo amp to the Dual Recti?

Get a used rectoverb combo. So ****ing good. I own a triple rec and I'm getting one
Quote by RG_FANMAN
dual caliber series or the rectoverb series from Mesa.

I have a DC-10 and it can get brootal.
If for any reason you aren't getting enough gain, you can always use an OD.
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!