Ok so i have this stagg x300. i got it a couple years ago and i hardly ever play it. its really not my style, its too gothy for me. Anyways i was thinking of recutting the body into a different shape. I have no clue what to do so i'm gonna let you decide how i should cut it. And just to keep the look the same the head stock is kinda like an ibanez headstock in black.

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
if you built that you are very talanted. that thing is sick. im thinking about going to a luthier school so i can learn to build and design guitars, any suggestions?
Quote by grimguitarist91
if you built that you are very talanted. that thing is sick. im thinking about going to a luthier school so i can learn to build and design guitars, any suggestions?

no i didnt build it. i'm trying to cut the body to a shape i like. And if you look up stuff online on how to build and try stuff with crappier guitars it'll get you more in the feel of being a luthier. I still have a lot to learn about building guitars but starting out small as soon as you can goes a long way.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
make the top pointy arms thinking round like a fender and the uper one strait like a flying V

damn my english suck!!!

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Quote by Nagashiro
make the top pointy arms thinking round like a fender and the uper one strait like a flying V

damn my english suck!!!

Like this?

Quote by Aziraphale
Like this?

no like i was thinking more like this maybe a red-burts

or just round the horns

how about something like this?
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9
EHX Big Muff Pi
Companion Fuzz Box
EHX Pulsar
Boss DD-6
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
^ i would keep the lower back horn there on that one and i still would go for the red-burst paint job maybe metalic red-burst

also make the controls order vol-tone-switch-jack

but change the controls to black retro mustang style, the switch to a botton and the jack to a black strat one

pick ups well i dont know what you play so i cant help

Last edited by Nagashiro at Jul 5, 2008,
those are some good starts but i still want a good guitar shape. nothing amoeba like. i do play metal but i just dont like this shape. i usually play my sg if your wondering about my style.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
WHO ARE YOU?!?! i went to NSHS!

oh ****! i know you dude! you are on my myspace, haha. if you want me to help you out on this thing let me know, ive got all the tools and im about 10 minutes from you haha. this is kyle.
just cut out all the unnessesary (i cant spell that damn word) wood.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by LP Addict
WHO ARE YOU?!?! i went to NSHS!

oh ****! i know you dude! you are on my myspace, haha. if you want me to help you out on this thing let me know, ive got all the tools and im about 10 minutes from you haha. this is kyle.

haha hey wats up. yeah i saw some of the guitars u built so i know u can help me out with this.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
Quote by Joel Rainville
How about something like this? :

best idea so far. i still wanna change the front horny things tho
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
you have to keep in mind how big the cavity is for the wiring so you don't have a gapping hole in it lol....
Quote by Joel Rainville
How about something like this? :

hey i just noticed u moved my input jack. i dont feel like routing out more cavities and i dont wanna mess around with holes in my guitar. the cavity for all the controls is like a long bean going around all of them. it has like half an inch diameter.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
well if you cut in that cavity like i said earlier you'll prolly going to have a gapping hole there...
Maybe do the top horns something like this, the bottom is harder though because of the control layout... although seeing as how you'll most likely sand down the finish anyway, you could fill out the holes and just drill new ones.