Hey guys,

I've been out today and bought a new guitar, which is like a PRS left handed copy...

anyway, guy tuned it up for me in the shop and everything all fine. I got home, plugged it into my gearbox to tune it and only a couple of the machine heads were changing the tone of the strings... even then it wasn't very drastic.

I subsequently broke my B string when it didnt change at all, it just snapped at the top.

Its weird, because I've never had a guitar with a tremelo system before and think it has something to do with that. Ie. there are a few extra bits on the bridge and neck that I haven't had on a guitar before and have never seen on my friends strat which has a tremelo system.

I'm also non-the-wiser as to how to change the strings on it because of all these extra bits :S

Any help would be really appreciated.

EDIT : Just looking at it, it is a floyd rose tremelo.
OOOO im on tv!!!
YouTube search a guide on "changing strings guitar floyd rose"... it should be helpful.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Did you have locks on the top of the neck? They should be right at the nut, usually 3 hex bolts. If those are on, you can use the machine heads, u have to use the fine tuners on the bridge.
umm my guess is that it has locks on the nut. in which case you have to tune with the bridge fine tuners. it should stay in tune for a while. however when you want to drastically change the tuning you have to use an allen wrench to loosen the locks on the nut and then use the regular tuners to change tuning.
I see these tuners now and feel stupid - but now i have the problem of changing the B string - can I just change one string at a time? Trying to follow a vid on youtube but looks so difficult
OOOO im on tv!!!
So you basically tried to tune the guitar without unlocking the nut. You will just crank the tuners until the strings break and still not change the tuning. Be an interesting copy as PRS doesnt make lefty guitars, or guitars with a FR or a locking nut. Probably should have done a little more research before buying a FR guitar when youve never had a wammy before. Some love FRs some hate em.
Here is the instructions for changing strings on a floyd rose and also adjusting the bridge etc.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/manuals/Original-Floyd-Rose.pdf
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
Quote by mattutaylor
I see these tuners now and feel stupid - but now i have the problem of changing the B string - can I just change one string at a time? Trying to follow a vid on youtube but looks so difficult

Yes you can change one string at a time but if you were cranking away trying to tune with the locking nut clamped down you probably streched the s_ _ t out of your strings near the tuners. I would change the set now as strings really aren't that expensicve if you have access to a large music store.
If you plan to play a lot you can sometimes get a good deal on boxes of strings too. I got 10 sets of D-Addario EXL110s for $50 (5.00 each) and it came with a nice Planet Waves tuner as well whcih was probably worth $20 on it's own bring the cost of a set of strings down to $3.00/set.
Moving on.....