The Gibson Custom Shop is probably the most famous custom guitar shop on the planet...

Unfortunately, most UGers probably can't afford it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I wouldn't consider buying a Gibson custom unless you use 100 euro bills to light your cigars. I've spoken to people endorsed by Mayones guitars though and they were very pleased by the way it all worked.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
dude u could but im sure it would cost way more then a car. i would suggest u go around ur town and look and see if there is a local custom shop cause more commonly then not the local shops make the best lookin guitars ever cause they need to make the guitars good so they will have a good rep and then then more people will come blah blah blah. of coures it will still be expensive but rest assured it's not gonna be nearly the price of a custom gibby
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I guess your right...

But besides custom made models are there any 24frets les pauls?
'cause then I could ask a local custom guitar shop to customize it
im not sure bout gibsons with 24 frets but the esp Eclipes or somin like that might have 24 frets but if u get a gibby and plan to modd it im not sure but the resale value might go down cause it aint standered and u might loose the gibby lifetime warrenty for modding it

im not though ask gibson that
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by Valek Williams
http://www.espguitars.com/customshop.html
http://www.espguitars.com/customshop_quote.cfm

Does gibson have this type of service?

And did anyone tried it? (from any brand)

If you're thinking about a "one-off" Gibson custom guitar, you need to go through your local Gibson dealer, and they will in turn work with their CS rep. It'll take about a month or 2 before you get a response, and anywhere from 6 to 12 months to get your custom built, if they even decide to build it.

Gibson stopped taking "one-off" orders in 2006; however, there are plans to bring it back.

Quote by Ippon
If you're thinking about a "one-off" Gibson custom guitar, you need to go through your local Gibson dealer, and they will in turn work with their CS rep. It'll take about a month or 2 before you get a response, and anywhere from 6 to 12 months to get your custom built, if they even decide to build it.

Gibson stopped taking "one-off" orders in 2006; however, there are plans to bring it back.

if he'sright then i would call gibson CS and see if they still do the one off's
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I'm not sure if they are taking orders at the moment. People might be exaggerating about the cost, they are expensive certainly, but ESP Custom might beconsidered to be the most expensive regular custom shop (not talking about the art things like say Abyss).

Keep in mind though, you can always get someone else to build a Les Paul or SG or whatever Gibson model built by someone else. When they are building to your specs, good custom shops can be fairly interchangeable (a couple ESP Artist signatures are direct copies of other brand's models). Someone like Feline Guitars or some specialized smaller scale custom shops can do a great job for much cheaper.
depends on how many orders they have and the experience of the builders but i would think maybe like 2-4 months for a ball park guess cause they have to start from 100% scratch.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
You might as well buy an LP-shaped guitar from a different custom shop. If you're into LP's I suggest Morgaine, those are excellent but unfortunately cost as much as Gibson's Custom guitars. Also, Spain is packed with luthiers, I'm sure you can find one that'll build you the guitar you want.

EDIT: The Morgaine LP model, the name is 'Beauty'. Suitable, ain't it?
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by sandman-105
if he'sright then i would call gibson CS and see if they still do the one off's

Regular, non-rock stars usually don't have access to the CS and they officially stopped making one-offs in 2006. I'm not saying they won't; but, you'll have to go through an authorized dealer to get your dream considered.

It'll help if you know somebody who went to Harvard with Henry Juszkiewicz or Dave Berryman (not sure if he's still there).

damn the beauty guitar really lives up to its name how much do a standered one cost?

Sorry to kinda steal the thread man.
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
also man were do u buy em
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I don't know if you have to order them through a dealer or if you can just order them from the custom shop itself. Unfortunately, they cost 3800€.
They have a site:
www.cms-music.de

The Morgaines are often labeled as 'Tandlers', that's just the name of the luthier who makes them.
Damn they are expensive, but some people say they nail the classic late 50's LP tone better than the Gibson custom shop reissues. And compared to those, the Morgaines are cheap.
Epiphone makes 24 fret Pauls, if you could suck it up and get an Epi...
But it seems like you'd be more interested in an ESP or Edwards...
Epiphone Les Paul goldtop (EMG 81/85)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Telecaster MIM
Epiphone SG Special
Jay Turser JT200 Serpent (GFS Crunchy Rails/Crunchy Pat)
Dean V-Coustic
Ovation Celebrity
Bugera 333-212
Crate Blue Voodoo 120H