hey
im thinkin of switchin the pups on my sg and i was wondering if any one knows the combonation of pickups Ace uses while in kiss. I heard he uses the dimarzio super distortion but i checked GC and they say its only for bridge positions so can someone please help me figure out what pup he uses in the neck position?

Thanx
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I'm pretty sure he uses Super Distortions in the neck as well. That's what he's got on his Gibson signature LP.
I don't know about a Super Distortion in the neck, you may want something different and lower powered there, like a PAF Pro.

TBH, though, if you're still using that Spider in your sig, I wouldn't expect to hear much of a difference with a pickup swap. Don't make the swap - save up, upgrade your amp. Pickups are a smaller part of your tone than you think, and would only really shine through a good amp.
na im gonna get a bugera amp by the end of the year so it woln't have that much an affect
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
i play mostly heavy metal classic rock and some death metal and my current stock gibson pups can do all that but im wantin more puch to em if that makes since
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
cool man they look good but one more question i've been thinkin of puttin some pickup covers so i was wondering if its worth it to put em on and if u loose any tone?
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by sandman-105
cool man they look good but one more question i've been thinkin of puttin some pickup covers so i was wondering if its worth it to put em on and if u loose any tone?

They make your tone a little less hot, but otherwise the difference isn't significant.
Do Dimarzio still make the super distortion pickup commercially? I've seen it on signature guitars these days, but never in a sense that I could just buy the pickup.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
ya ya man their at guitar center for $70
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
kool i'll definitally look in to the breeds
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
ace used custom hand wound dimarrzios back in the day
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.