A few years ago, I wanted to get into contact with my biological father Ian, but Mum said to wait until after GCSE's. Well obviously, it's a few years later, after GCSE's, and the parents have OK'd me trying to find Ian, but I have to a) get his mother's (my biological grandmother's) address and b) write two letters: one for her and one to him, forwarded by her.

Now a) I can do easily. b), however, is a bit trickier - I know I should introduce myself in the letter, but how do I go about it?

You guys are the best.

-- Amy
Introduce yourself like you would to a complete stranger, and explain your situation, and how you feel about it.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
yeah. just state that you are "amy" (if that is your real name >.> and that you're ian's kid and naturally you want to meet him. give them your contact info and set up a date.

hey hun if i was writin a letter like that id come right out n say it

Hello ms./mrs. this is amy... im your grand daughter i wanted to get in touch with you and your son,my father.

i hope that helps u get some ideas good luck hun
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
tell the truth, don't sugar coat things and let them know how you feel let him and her know you've tried before to contact your father and you want to do it this time.
My Music:
Solo project: myspace.com/dermy3blkaht
Full band (iRockit): myspace.com/nj136
Quote by JeanMi36
Introduce yourself like you would to a complete stranger, and explain your situation, and how you feel about it.

Basically /thread!

Be prepared to wait though. Getting a meeting with a long lost family member can be difficult.

Also, don't get too worked up about it. Ian may have his own life these days...
Quote by saphrax
Basically /thread!

Be prepared to wait though. Getting a meeting with a long lost family member can be difficult.

Also, don't get too worked up about it. Ian may have his own life these days...

Yeah, but hopefully hes an ace guy, best of luck to you
Be kind, explain your situation, maybe give some info on why you want to meet him etc.

good luck with it
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Just be completely honest, but remember, be prepared for the worst.
He may not want to meet you as it would be too destressing.
This probably won't happen, but you should always be prepared.
Hope I helped.
hello
Thankyou so much. My parents told me to prepare for the worst, so I'm not, you know, "bigging myself up", putting my hopes high...sorry, phrase lost.

Love you guys, you've been a real help

-- Amy
Quote by Amy_Lee
Thankyou so much. My parents told me to prepare for the worst, so I'm not, you know, "bigging myself up", putting my hopes high...sorry, phrase lost.

Love you guys, you've been a real help

-- Amy

I love you too.

e-marriage?
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
The letters have been written & sent, all there is to do is to sit back & see what happens. I'm not waiting for a response - besides I'll be away for a week as from tomorrow so maybe that'll take my mind off it at least .