I was wondering if when I get braces, do I need them both on top and bottom so my overbite is fixed?

Some of my teeth at the bottom are crooked so I thought I would just need it on the bottom.

Overbites suck
I think EVERYONE has an overbite naturally, even if its just a small one.

But you should just get braces on top and bottom rows of teeth, then you'll have perfect teeth for the rest of your life. No point in having one and then deciding later you wanted the others.
I had that, and they actually put bars in my teeth so everytime I took a bite it would push my jaw forward. I think it was called a herbst appliance.

EDIT:
I have an overbite and braces and my orthodontist gives me rubber bands that I put on my braces and what the bands do is they pull my bottom jaw forward, therfore fixing my overbite
If your overbite is this bad:

Then you should do something about it, otherwise, it's fine. I have a very slight overbite but it's not noticeable at all and it doesn't bother me.
i had one, there was 18mm disrtance between my top and bottom teeth. they gave me a retainer, funnily enough, my teeth where perfectly inline, but my jaw had to literally be pulled forward.
hurt like hell the first month, got used to it tho.
A small overbite is natural. It allows you to chew properly.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
yeah, i had an overbite of 14mm so i had braces for 2 and a bit years, now my teeth are perfect. i had them on the bottom and top, so looks likely you will too, but don't sweat it. think how awesome your teeth will look after!
wat.
Haha I have what the dentist called a 'Class 4' overbite...and to fix it, they would have to go in surgically and break my bottom jaw and pull it forward...and I said Fuck this
My Gear:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guitars:
Gibson Explorer, Worn Cherry-

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 1000 - 1 x 12 Combo, 100 watts, Hybrid

Effects:
Blues Driver Keeley Modded
Quote by CrazyDavey
pics?

noooo. my teeth look horrible. if i make my teeth line up, it looks like the worst false smile you've ever seen.
I had an overbite as a kid. I got that herbst thing and its gone now.

God that thing hurt.
We're only strays.
Quote by master
I had that, and they actually put bars in my teeth so everytime I took a bite it would push my jaw forward. I think it was called a herbst appliance.

EDIT:

Herbst ftw!

I had that.
I had an overbite and another tooth problem. 2 years of braces fixed both. But, the retainer really maintained the shape of the newly fixed teeth AND the overbite! So go for the braces...perfect teeth for life. And if you listen to your orthodontist about when to wear your retainer then your overbite will be fixed!
Good luck and happy cleaning of the braces.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.