I've got a Ashdown Fallen Angel and its got a boost channel, which doesnt seem to work. so the distortion is a bit pathetic at the moment.

Im using an Line 6 uber metal pedal, which is normally OTT but it just doesnt seem to give out enough gain on this amp. Any ideas on how i can get a higher gain sound without spending a fortune or know what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Leon
GEAR

Schecter C8 Hellraiser
Jackson RR7R
Parker P-40
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

For Sale/Trade:

ESP Ltd MV-200
Fallen Angel 40DSP
You do know that the boost isn't a separate channel right? It's just a gain boost for the distortion channel alone...

Anyway, I recommend a decent OD pedal or graphic EQ to boost the input.

Edit: 5000th post!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
anyone else have any other ideas it could be?
GEAR

Schecter C8 Hellraiser
Jackson RR7R
Parker P-40
Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

For Sale/Trade:

ESP Ltd MV-200
Fallen Angel 40DSP
Dead preamp tube sounds like a possibility.

Otherwise, take it to a shop.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
if it isnt the preamp tube i'd recommend that you put a signal boosting pedal, designed for a tube amp, in front of it. i bought a tube screamer and i couldnt be happier. the uber metal is a digital pedal if i remember correctly and therefore using it with a tube amp will kill your tone, in my opinion. hope i helped.
Quote by ashdownjunkie
if it isnt the preamp tube i'd recommend that you put a signal boosting pedal, designed for a tube amp, in front of it. i bought a tube screamer and i couldnt be happier. the uber metal is a digital pedal if i remember correctly and therefore using it with a tube amp will kill your tone, in my opinion. hope i helped.

Just shows you how many knowledgable users lurk in the wings, waiting for their chance.