Page 1 of 2
I've tried it and I like it. I might buy it, but I don't know what you guys don't like about it. It gets really good metallica like tones but you guys still don't seem to like it. Is it because it isnt versatile or what? I really don't know whats so bad about it.
I've recently bought one too. I think it's pretty good to be quite honest. But then again, I WAS working with a Digitech Death Metal pedal before that

Actually until I just read this I didn't know everyone hated it here!
its probably dismal compared to the distortion on an ENGL powerball or something (UG can be snobbish like that)

in general, distortion pedals which arent realllly expensive arent the best.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
My guitarist has one and he likes it. He uses his amps distortion more often though. Only hooks up the pedal if he's gonna use his whole rack of pedals.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I have that exact pedal and I love it. Sure, there's not much versatility...because it's a DISTORTION pedal. If I wanted a variety of sounds I wouldn't buy a distortion pedal. But since I just wanted great distortion, that's what I get from this pedal. It's not too muddy so solos sound great, but it's plenty aggressive for rythm in all genres of metal. I'm not sure what there is to complain about it.
Quote by Sicko 21X7
feed back like a mother ****er

^ This.

And it sounds a bit harsh to me, I'm not sure what it is, but it feels as if all the top end is boosted permanantly. *shrug* I tried it side by side with the metal Muff and I like the muff more, hence why I got it.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
first of all, i know the Metal Zone feedbacks alot, but so are lots of ditortions - my friend got 2 pedals - "Super Overdrive" by boss, and "Grunge" by forgot who, and both of them feedbacks a lot... i find this pedal great, even though that on live shows, you have to change it's equalizer a bit to get the same sound. it's solos are amazing, the rhythem with this pedal is great, and it also got a mid frequence control!
there's a very wise sentence my guitar teacher had told me : "a man can have the lousiest guitar, amp and pedal but still make it sound great" IT'S ALL IN THE GUITAR PLAYER!!!
I to the Eye
G to the gold
R to the rock
A to the name
Quote by neoamir
first of all, i know the Metal Zone feedbacks alot, but so are lots of ditortions - my friend got 2 pedals - "Super Overdrive" by boss, and "Grunge" by forgot who, and both of them feedbacks a lot...

..which leads us to believe that MOST distortion pedals suck ass
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by Sadbutrue62
I've tried it and I like it. I might buy it, but I don't know what you guys don't like about it. It gets really good metallica like tones but you guys still don't seem to like it. Is it because it isnt versatile or what? I really don't know whats so bad about it.

The only metallica sound you'll get from the MT2 is the guitar tone from And Justice For All fed through cheap computer speakers....and that's not really a good thing.

It's an appalling pedal, it sounds terrible and you can do much better.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Why everybody in this forum says the pedals suck?? For example i can NEVER buy a tube amp at my house dont ask why even if i have 10000 dollar i cant buy and my micro cube sounds so narrow to me no options of sound so what is bad about buying a metal muff and plugging it into my ss amp?? of course it will sound worse than a 5150 but sure it will be better than a line 6 spider...
i had the mt-2, it was ok and had alot of distortion. Had a lot of high frq's to it and the only decent sound you can get is a semi-scooped tone. And it hiss's like a mofo
it's digital, harsh, feedback's like no other, and if turned up loud enough can kill small animals.

Okay, maybe the last one is a stretch; it'll just severely harm them.

Seriously though, it's quite muddy, harsh and sterile sounding.
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I've recently bought one too. I think it's pretty good to be quite honest. But then again, I WAS working with a Digitech Death Metal pedal before that

Actually until I just read this I didn't know everyone hated it here!

I prefer my Digitech to my friends Boss....The Boss sounds weak in my opinion but would probably sound better in a band situation.

I think MT-2's are fine for practicing but I wouldn't want to gig with it....

steven seagull: MT-2's get pretty good Kill 'em All tones...Not sure if that's a good thing or not though....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I hate it because it sounds like a tin can full of bees. It's got no mids to it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Christ Lover
Because everybody likes hopping on band wagons, like with MG's and Spiders.

Or perhaps they're actually crummy pedals?
They are buzzy and lifeless. Like a poor quality amp's lead channel.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Ok MT-2 can be crap i dont care but can you say these things for a metal muff? isnt it worth buying?
Quote by Christ Lover
Because everybody likes hopping on band wagons, like with MG's and Spiders.

Says the noob with 18 posts...irony much?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Metal zones are all good and fun when you're plugging into your practice amp and jamming out that "bR00t4lZ" distortion in the privacy of your own bedroom.

crank it up tho.. well.. its all fun and games til someone loses an ear.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I want to play at my house with the lowest volume possible so im not in the category of that cranked tube amps so wont a distortion pedal will be my best bet?? i cant see a cube can go that well...i will try the metal muff tomorrow
Boss released a new pedal about the end of last year called the Metal Core, which is is similar in purpose to the MT2, but sounds much fuller and smoother, and seems to cut a lot of feedback, we suspect it may have a built in noisegate, but I don't know fore sure. Either way it seems to clean up the signal a fair bit, you still need to have a bit of tube amp gain mushing the sound to take the harshness off it, but that's true of all SS pedals. My brother uses one to get a very deftonesish distortion out of marshall JCM800 and 900s

I was very critical of the MT2, (cos it does sound like someone miced an aspring disolving) until another guitarist told me that most people just don't know how to use it, and you can get good results putting it in the effects loop rather than putting the guitar signal directly through it. Take that advice any way you want, I haven't had a chance to try it. It may be that there's a use for the metalzone other than as a door stop.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
I dont know if a youtube video is a good place to search for pedal but i saw some videos with line 6 uber metal and guess what a marshall mg15cdr and it was really awesome the guy was playing children of bodom and it was really nice....i dont think the cube can get close to that sound...im talking about bedroom level of course.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
it's digital, harsh, feedback's like no other, and if turned up loud enough can kill small animals.

Okay, maybe the last one is a stretch; it'll just severely harm them.

Seriously though, it's quite muddy, harsh and sterile sounding.

digital? why do people add "digital" to a list of what sounds bad about something, even when its analogue?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
digital? why do people add "digital" to a list of what sounds bad about something, even when its analogue?

Cause guitars and amps should sound like guitars going through amps; not guitars going through computers.
Quote by Blompcube

digital.. DIGITAL!

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!?

a CD is digitally encoded, it goes to a digital decoder before it reaches any amount of analog converter and then is usually pushed thru a solid state poweramp in your ghetto blaster..

But does IT sound digital OR BAD even?!?

and what about MP3S?! GRAaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

I'm with you blompcube.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
can you also help me please? i found out that the line 6 uber metal was good even with a marshall mg15. much better than the videos i saw on youtube...so what you say?
Quote by lemonsquares42
Cause guitars and amps should sound like guitars going through amps; not guitars going through computers.

clearly you didn't get my point.

in simple:

The MT-2 is not digital.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

Quote by Blompcube

clearly you didn't get my point.

in simple:

The MT-2 is not digital.

Obviously you didn't get my point either.

People complain the the pedal sounds digital. I'm assuming this does not mean a digital pedal. By digital, I'm guessing that it means not very amp like; more digitalish. More like a computer simulation of how an amp would sound. That's how I've often described amp simulators. Digital sounding. Not meaning like a digital pedal.

By the way, that picture was completely unnecessary to get your point across. I was answering a question that you yourself asked. There's no need to be an ass about it.
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by lemonsquares42
Obviously you didn't get my point either.

People complain the the pedal sounds digital. I'm assuming this does not mean a digital pedal. By digital, I'm guessing that it means not very amp like; more digitalish. More like a computer simulation of how an amp would sound. That's how I've often described amp simulators. Digital sounding. Not meaning like a digital pedal.

By the way, that picture was completely unnecessary to get your point across. No need to be an ass about it.

Thats just misuse of the term "digital" which probably originated from people who don't have a clue what it even means. Of course i'm going to think you're an idiot who jumped on the bandwagon if you say "digital" when really you mean "crap".

Quote by Blompcube
Thats just misuse of the term "digital" which probably originated from people who don't have a clue what it even means. Of course i'm going to think you're an idiot who jumped on the bandwagon if you say "digital" when really you mean "crap".

Woah, what the hell is your problem? I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks digital means. The pedal is ****, who gives a damn what adjective people use?

For future reference, don't ask rhetorical questions if you're just going to bash the first person who tries to answer you

Edit: I'm done in this thread. To return this back on topic, I have not tried the Uber Metal pedal that you asked about, but I can guess that it won't sound very good through an MG. Honestly, I don't know much of anything that would sound good through it. You might be better off upgrading the amp instead of buying pedals to make it sound better.

Also, I wouldn't buy a pedal only after listening to a clip on youtube. The only surefire way of knowing you will like something is if you try it out yourself.
Last edited by lemonsquares42 at Jul 5, 2008,
I got a nice As I Lay Dying tone from it when I owned one. Great pedal, but I just prefer to use amp distortion, simply because a footswitch is so much easier to replace than a pedal. Plus footswitches don't take batteries or wall-warts. Which is also a reason I tend not to use pedals at all.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Quote by lemonsquares42

my point exactly; digital meaning like a bad computer simulation of the real thing.

and since when has the metal zone been analog? aren't most of (if not all of) boss' distortion/overdrive boxes digital?
Quote by lemonsquares42
Woah, what the hell is your problem? I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. I don't give a damn what anyone else thinks digital means. The pedal is ****, who gives a damn what adjective people use?

For future reference, don't ask rhetorical questions if you're just going to bash the first person who tries to answer you

Edit: I'm done in this thread. To return this back on topic, I have not tried the Uber Metal pedal that you asked about, but I can guess that it won't sound very good through an MG. Honestly, I don't know much of anything that would sound good through it. You might be better off upgrading the amp instead of buying pedals to make it sound better.

are you actually reading my post properly, or picking out the words you want to take as an insult just to whinge about it? i didn't say you were jumping on the any bandwagon, i just said it seems that way when you use the term "digital" to describe a crap pedal which isn't digital. I'm guessing you don't know the basics of digital audio principals, otherwise you wouldn't say something analogue sounds "digital".

Quote by RG_FANMAN
and since when has the metal zone been analog? aren't most of (if not all of) boss' distortion/overdrive boxes digital?

i don't think they are digital. i think boss digital pedals are usually labelled COSM.

EDIT: also, digital pedals would be extremely difficult to mod. Changing components would just mess them up, but lot of people mod boss pedals in this way. This is why i'm pretty sure they are analog.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 5, 2008,
Quote by blind.quardian
can you also help me please? i found out that the line 6 uber metal was good even with a marshall mg15. much better than the videos i saw on youtube...so what you say?

please
What about the Line 6 Uber Metal. My buddies were playing it and got some amazing tones. But they're almost pro, so I guess if your that good you will with anything.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by blind.quardian
please

sorry 'bout that, i got distracted by my very geeky pet-peeve.

now, the uber metal, funnily enough, is digital, but its A LOT better than the MT-2. I'd recommend trying it first though to make sure you like it. i heard someone using one in a local shop briefly and it sounded pretty good, but it might be a bit like the Pod XT high-gain settings which seem to have a weird screechy overtone which sounds like an alias frequency. I don't have a clue how i could hear it, if it was an alias frequency, because i'm pretty sure the POD sample rate would be more than 20kHz... But i wouldn't buy anything based on youtube videos.

edit: wait... what? why did i assume you were the threadstarter? is it because i'm used to it? you've made nearly as many threads in 3 months than i have in 2 years...

Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 5, 2008,
Page 1 of 2