Yo, Check out my band. We're Technical Melodic Death Metal/Deathcore, Something along those lines. www.myspace.com/withathousandwordstosaybutoneny that's where you can go and take a listen to our first song, We'll be recording our second song soon this week. Also we are looking for a bassist, drummer and vocalist, so if you know any of those in the way upstate almost Canada NY area let them know we're looking or let us know about them.
Gear List

Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey 6505+
Mesa 4x12 Slant Cab
Boss NS2
Boss TU3
Umm, Darkest Hour fan by any chance? Dude, come up with an original name.
Quote by nate23
Umm, Darkest Hour fan by any chance? Dude, come up with an original name.

i agree.. that's gotta go.
Does it really matter about the name. Yes It's a Darkest Hour song, It's our favorite one. But we thought it would sound nice as a name, plus how many band names are really original. So many bands get their names from movie titles and other such things. I mean most names are from movie titles, quotes, etc... Personally I could care less what our name is, as long as our music is good. Now if you want to give me an opinion on our music that's different but don't judge the name. Anyways if you actually listened to it, I hope you liked it, I know it's not the best quality and is lacking things. But we did our best. So with all that being said. Have a nice day :]
Gear List

Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey 6505+
Mesa 4x12 Slant Cab
Boss NS2
Boss TU3
Enjoyed the tunes, which in the end is what really matters.. But aside from that, the name is pretty lame, there are tons of original band names out there. I've not once taken a name from any sort of media, and nobody I know ever has. It just makes it worse when it's obviously unoriginal (taken from something well known).

That being said, a name isn't the be all end all of a band, it's just that the band name basically introduces yourself to new listeners as it is what they first know about you usually. If their first impression is "unoriginal" then that could decide whether or not they listen to you, or just leave a slight sour taste in their mouth even once they've listened to you. I personally don't care what your band is called, I dig the recording quite a bit (despite the semi-poor quality), it's just that people tend to take things at face value a lot of the time and it's nothing you can necessarily change, so I'm just trying to help out .

Keep up the good work though dude, my band should be able to get a recording within the next month or so... But we're just starting out and are still writing (One full original, one more done but still needs the outro, one just started... plus we have one cover). Look for us if you want to check it out when it happens:

Cherish The Void
Last edited by Fate_of_Mind at Jul 6, 2008,