Page 1 of 2
He Is Legend is one of my personal favorites and I just want to see what others think. They seem to be a virtual unknown-maybe that's just me-and I couldn't come up with anything on them in a search of this site. So here's a thread dedicated to the band.
http://www.heislegend.com/
You can listen to quite a bit of the music on their website, so check it out (P.S. be sure to listen to Dixie Wolf(The Seduction of...).)
Quote by Twist of fate
With their diets, finding a fat woman in Japan is like finding someone in the Pit with an IQ over 100.

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."
their video for the seduction is amazing......
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
Amazing band.
I hate their 4 new songs however. Sound really weird.

My fav is The Greatest Actor Alive.
I am Hollywood was amazingly done. One of my personal favorite albums.

Their subsequent material has been very subpar to imo
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Legend is awesome. Living in NC, I've been able to see them several times. They never disappoint. Looking forward to the new album.
Band is weird, but not bad at all. I listened to I Am Hollywood (the song) and thought it was all right, then didn't really listen to them for a while. Then when I listened to a few more songs in preparation for seeing them with BTBAM, I realized that practically every song sounds completely different. They've got some stuff I like and some that I don't like as much. They're pretty good live as well.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
I like certain parts of their songs, but the singer's voice is obnoxious and there are other bands that do the southern metalcore thing much better. They were really bad live too. Their singer was more apathetic than anyone I've ever seen perform.
Quote by saxaxe
I like certain parts of their songs, but the singer's voice is obnoxious and there are other bands that do the southern metalcore thing much better. They were really bad live too. Their singer was more apathetic than anyone I've ever seen perform.

There performances either tend to be amazing, or pitiful. I've seen both. Also, this is no where near metalcore. Haha.
I Am Hollywood was an amazing record. I could care less for anything since.
rites of nothing.
I like this band alot. I only listen to their first 2 albums though. 91025 and I Am Hollywood. Don't care much for Suck Out the Posion
Quote by Frosted Flakes
I like this band alot. I only listen to their first 2 albums though. 91025 and I Am Hollywood. Don't care much for Suck Out the Posion

+1
I'm an asshole.
For some reason I enjoy all their tunes and am really looking forward to the new disk
"Love doesn't exist and I'm not picking on love, because I don't think friendship exists either"

GEAR:
Caparison PLM-3
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Gretch A/E G3700
Soldano SLO 50w clone
I Am Hollywood is one of my favorite albums. The songs have s much soul for a band like them. Suck Out the Poison was ok, not too great but worth a listen. Their new stuff just doesn't register with me (aside from China White III and Everyone I Know Has Fangs).
I Am Hollywood-Incredible
Suck Out The Poison-Not Incredible, But Good

It Hates You-Is This He Is Legend?
I saw em like a week ago with DDG and they aren't great live IMO. Behind the music not fitting well with the rest of the acts. I had to hear the bad jokes.

"Whats a fish without a eye. Fshh" *snare snare crash*
Quote by MustangMan311
There performances either tend to be amazing, or pitiful. I've seen both. Also, this is no where near metalcore. Haha.

I know EXACTLY what you mean
Quote by Royal Celebi
Can;t get into these guys. Same with Every Time I die. The southern influence kills it for me.

why are you trying to get into them then? its like saying 'I don't like parkway drive because I dont like the metalcore influence'
Maybe I just don't get it but there lyrics make zero sense. I'm sure there some kind of meaning behind it all but I don't see it.

Ex. There's a monster in my room we discuss movies over coffee I think it quite absurd.

Still one of my favorite bands but I just don't get the lyrics.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
It's amazing how good the I am Hollywood CD and how bad everything else is. That CD is perfect start to finish, but Suck Out the Poison only has 3-4 DECENT songs.

Also, I've only seen them live once and it was the worst show I've ever been to. Schuylar fell over on stage because he was so wasted, and they only played 7 songs (they were the headliners). 2 of these 7 songs were off of It Hates You, and this was before the CD was even out.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
I'm sorry, but I personally think that each album is near perfect. I've never understood the hate for SOTP, and It Hates You takes the band to a new level. I've seen them twice, I think, and the first time was horrible. Second time was flawless.
Quote by DaysoftheBlue
Only good label anymore seems to be Ferret

TDWP is on ferret >_>
love is love // return to dust
Quote by MustangMan311
This new album straight up slays. It's definitely a rock album more than a hardcore album, but nonetheless, it is probably their best release yet.

Now I will start off by saying I actually love all 3 of the releases I can't see how anyone can say I Am Hollywood wasn't the best. The guitar melodies were so original. Adam has such a unique style of playing and the bass line of every song was fantastic. The album blended the heavy moments perfect into the mix to. Suck out the Poison had a lot of the cheesy southern rock riffs but in a good way like in Stampede and China White 2 was heavy as something that is really heavy. I Hate You amazing I just can't see how it in anyway matches up with I Am Hollywood.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by Royal Celebi
Can;t get into these guys. Same with Every Time I die. The southern influence kills it for me.

❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Last edited by ratracekid111 at Jun 5, 2010,
Quote by MustangMan311
Yeah, except these guys actually from the South. And write good music.

ontopic:

I enjoy a spot of He Is Legend. I especially love that one section in the middle of The Primarily Blues where is goes all melodic. Most pleasing.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Last edited by asator at Jun 5, 2010,
Why do people hate on Southern metalcore so much? Shit's great
love is love // return to dust
Page 1 of 2