Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
ive always been told, write what you know
if you dont do drugs, dont write about drugs
if you arent in love, dont write a love song
if you didnt just have your entire family massacred, and your girlfriend raped in front of your eyes, theres no reason to write a song this depressive. im sure your life is actually pretty good. this whole piece comes of as insincere drivel
~b
Yeah I can see where your comming from, the rhyming couplets work quite well and everything seems in time but I just think that its kind of forced. Your trying to hard to be evil.
I'm pretty sure half of the bands that play depressive black metal, as well as bands suchs as cannibal corpse don't experience what they write about, but who am I to say that a couple guys didn't rape, kill a girl, and rip out the entrails from her ****.

It's not about it being true, it's about it accompanying the depressive atmosphere in which are instruments create.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I'm pretty sure half of the bands that play depressive black metal, as well as bands suchs as cannibal corpse don't experience what they write about, but who am I to say that a couple guys didn't rape, kill a girl, and rip out the entrails from her ****.

It's not about it being true, it's about it accompanying the depressive atmosphere in which are instruments create.

i suppose that could be why i dont listen to cannibal corpse
honestly, i think theyre a terrible band
music is art, and art should be a product of the soul
even saying ' the lyrics fit the mood of the instruments' implies that the lyrics are an insincere addendum to whats being played, which makes me think that perhaps the message of such bands could be better displayed by music alone.
not all lyrics have to be something that happened directly to you.
do you think most of whats written about actually happened those writer? certainly not, but its used as an allegory or metaphor for something truer and more universal.
the words of bands like Cannibal Corpse are used strictly to as over-the-top and ridiculous as possible. if youre accepting that their words (and thereby, yours) are purely for showmanship, then why bother posting them. if it fits the mood of the instruments, it doesnt matter a damn what your singing, right?