Well, the thread title says it all, I just got myself a Hot Rod Deluxe, and it really made me realize how much I need a new guitar. I don't want to sell myself short on this, I really want the best guitar I can get for my money, so I'm gonna try very hard not to 'settle'.

I've been to guitar center a whole lot, and while there are some things I like about a lot of guitars, there have been none that I've fallen in love with. I've tried Signature, Standard and Highway One Strats, and they all seem like they have a very weak tone. What I want is really fat, harsh mids, I don't want these piercing highs or lows that sound like I'm playing my buddy's bass. What I want is cleans with character and attitude. I'm willing to spend up to $1,000, but that's stretching as far as my budget can go. I'd also be comfortable with spending less, and changing out pups, but if I'm going Strat, then I'm pretty set on an American made guitar, so don't bother recommending MIM or MIJ.

I've been really underwhelmed with the feel and tone of many of the guitars I've tried, and I really want something I'm gonna love and care for, not something I'm gonna say 'Well it was the best I could get for the price...'

Thanks in advance.
This

i've played one and i absolutely love it, i highly recommend them
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group

Fender Classic Series '72 Telecaster Thinline Electric Guitar

It's a Fender. It's a Semi and great for Jazz/blues and only $699

I myself am a hollowbody lover...
GEAR:

Gretsch 5120 Anniversary Ed.
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Mann 2350CS (Les Paul Copy)
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Squier Bullet
Boss OS-2
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT 30w
Line 6 Spider III 15W (Hey, I jam in my living room...)
You do realize that the hot rod has a very 'chimey' clean channel right? I dont exectly see you getting cleans with 'an attitude' per say but it sounds like you want humbuckers to me.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
Fender ftw.
Quote by indra13
You know, the thought of me marrying my cousin (from my previous post) crossed my mind several times. She's basically everything I'm looking for! That's why I was really devastated when I found out she's getting hitched in February next year
^ isn't that just a MIM with upgraded pickups and and ash body...

Cause, if you were going down that route, i'd say just buy a MIM/MIA strat (ash if you like...) and upgrade the pickups yourself to even nicer ones...
Adam
Lp
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Classic Player 60's strat. Custom Shop designed, C shape neck (glossed) and Custom Shop Pickups. GO try one at guitar center.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-Player-60s-Stratocaster?sku=512767&src=3SOSWXXA

Oh and btw, in reality the sonic blue looks like an aged white finish with the SLIGHTEST blue tint. In dim light you can hardly tell it's blue at all.