I was really looking forward to getting the Vox Satchurator pedal, and then I saw that it was $130. does anyone know where I can find the schematics to build my own? it might still be too early, it was just released, but a guy can dream can't he? any help would be greatly appreciated
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
It's a blatant ripoff of the TC Jauernig Gristle King. You might have better luck finding schematics for that on freestompboxes or something, since the satchurator hasn't been out that long.
Quote by Roc8995
It's a blatant ripoff of the TC Jauernig Gristle King. You might have better luck finding schematics for that on freestompboxes or something, since the satchurator hasn't been out that long.

What makes you say that?
Let's just say Tim sent a Gristle King to Joe to try out, and then a few months later Vox comes out with an eerily similar signature Satriani pedal, complete with a "More" switch. I haven't popped open a Satchurator yet, but the coincidences are pretty suspect.
Quote by Roc8995
Let's just say Tim sent a Gristle King to Joe to try out, and then a few months later Vox comes out with an eerily similar signature Satriani pedal, complete with a "More" switch. I haven't popped open a Satchurator yet, but the coincidences are pretty suspect.

As i understand, the pedal took months, and there were something like 5-8 pedal designs which featured different circutry or something. Obviously this doesnt rule out the fact that Joe might copy it completely, but he used several pedals to achieve the Satchurator's idea. I doubt it was even "mostly" borrowed.

Thats just a thought, im no rocket surgeon.
I'm probably reading into it too much, but there's certainly something weird going on. Tim as I understand it was a little put off by the whole thing, but I suppose it's unfair to say that it's a total ripoff of the pedal. I don't have a schematic for the satchurator, so I'll have to wait until one shows up. Hopefully it's not a copy, but I don't really know.
Yea....i have no idea. All i can say is, he completely NAILED the tone of Musterion and Overdriver when i went to go see him at GC. He only used his Satchurator the whole night; didnt use the distortion of his amp.
mmmhh... I'm tempted to open mine... I'd like to get eq knobs as opposed to the single tone knob.

Also, a tad more gain or even wider range would be nice.
If anything, the Satchurator would be a stripped down version of the Gristle King.

Gotta love my Satchurator. It's really nice, especially for the price paid.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
well, if you could figure out a schematic or even just some good gut pictures, I'd greatly appreciate it
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
mmmhh... I'm tempted to open mine... I'd like to get eq knobs as opposed to the single tone knob.

Also, a tad more gain or even wider range would be nice.
If anything, the Satchurator would be a stripped down version of the Gristle King.

Gotta love my Satchurator. It's really nice, especially for the price paid.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore