Hey everyone, over the course of the past month or so I've been collecting pieces for an all american strat. I have a matte black highway one body, american hss deluxe pickguard and pickups, gold hardware from guitar fetish, etc. Anyways, the last two pieces are the neck and the tuning pegs. The question I'm asking is what kind of tuners should I get? I want something thats going to hold tune insanely well but not be a hassle to adjust. Oh and they have to come gold too.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Schaller locking tuners. I think Warmoth has em in gold, but you might wanna check. Pretty much any locking tuners would work well, and Schallers are pretty expensive. Maybe Planet Waves auto-trims.
those new planet waves ones look pretty spiffy i'll look up some reviews, has anyone had experience with them?
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Quote by batman123
those new planet waves ones look pretty spiffy i'll look up some reviews, has anyone had experience with them?

They are horrible dont get them I have them on my guitar and I am replacing them. The stock tunners on my ibanez hollow boddy stayed in tone way better
MY GEAR

Home Made Guitar

15 Watt Marshall MG

Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi USA

Ibanez Artcore
I'd say open tuners. They're what I have on my Jag copy.
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
get grover. i got them stock on my guitar and its always in tune. and they probably come in gold. and i've never had to adjust anything on them.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I, sir, salute you!

Epiphone sg
behringer gmx1200h
MY MINI V BUILD!!!
gold schaller or sperzels.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
I just put staggered Sperzels on my strat with a graphite nut and it stays in tune so well.
Although I like schaller tuners better, grover are a better value now days and they are made in the USA which goes with the whole all american thing.
Not taking any online orders.
what about gotoh tuners? mine always seem to stay in tune well
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by IntoTheVoid5
They are horrible dont get them I have them on my guitar and I am replacing them. The stock tunners on my ibanez hollow boddy stayed in tone way better

i have these tuners on my gibson and they are amazing. they never come out of tune. i dont know if intothevoid knew how to use locking tuners but they work PERFECTLY for me.
GEAR:
1959 Vintage Gibson Melody Maker
Fender Stratocaster
Martin OMM
Epi Les Paul Std
Pitchblack
Dunlop Wah
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Palomino V16

For pictures of my gear click http://s464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/spoutz/Guitar Gear/?albumview=grid nao!

-Matt

Sláinte