So it doesn't really matter, you can plug any head into any cab right? I know the sound will vary between cabs but that is all right?

I have some no name cab and I want to buy an ENGL fireball I'll soon have the money I just want to make sure that everything will work fine.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Last edited by Shredder6 at Jul 5, 2008,
You'll have to match the impedances of your head to your speaker. It's mostly 8ohms mono ant 16 ohms stereo. You'll also have to check the wattage the cabinet can handle.

I hear it's better to have a cabinet that can handle almost double the wattage of your head.
ah, thank you^

EDIT: the fireball is only 60 watt so the amp should be able to handle it there and I will check the ohms When I get back to the house it is in.
Last edited by Shredder6 at Jul 5, 2008,
also check if the cab is series or paralel. that helps you know the wattage.

also. if you have a lot of wattage over your head, yout gain will be reduced because the speaker cones will not break . if you have a tighter difference (lets suppose your head is 100w and your cad 120w) the cone in the speakers will break up for the less headroom and will give you more gain. however this must not matter for you as the powerball's gain comes from the preamp and the cone braking is not important
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by ldnovelo
also check if the cab is series or paralel. that helps you know the wattage.

also. if you have a lot of wattage over your head, yout gain will be reduced because the speaker cones will not break . if you have a tighter difference (lets suppose your head is 100w and your cad 120w) the cone in the speakers will break up for the less headroom and will give you more gain. however this must not matter for you as the powerball's gain comes from the preamp and the cone braking is not important

oops I meant the fireball